Tuesday, March 15, 2016

SSCB#53 Half Way and Blog Hop!


Another great day for a visit! Serendipity Stamps is having a blog hop! If you're hopping along you should have reached me from Vickie Zimmer's blog. If you want to start at the beginning you can get all the details here on Mary's Blog!!   We're having a blog hop to show you some of the newest products at Serendipity and to remind you to play along with our current challenge !  We've got lots of Spring inspired products to show you so get comfy and take a look around!  I have three cards today to show you - all very clean and simple.
This image is called Butterfly Dream!  Mary (the owner of Serendipity Stamps) shared that this image was inspired by some beautiful embroidery on a handkerchief that was her Grandmothers.  I wanted it to steal the show so I colored it simply with Copic markers and I layered it on a doily and some embossed paper.  I added a few buttons to give it a bit of a vintage feel!  The "I'd never forget you!" sentiment is new too!

The dandelion stamp has been around for a while, but we have two new "Make a Wish" sentiments.  I colored the stamp with Memento markers and spritzed it with water before stamping on watercolor paper.
Later I went in and added some Glossy Accents that I sprinkled with fine iridescent glitter.


Just one more card - another Spring image - this beautiful nest in a branch.  This is a simple watercolor.  I used Peerless watercolors - they blend beautifully.  I started with a Robin's Egg blue and then added dabs of green and turquoise and let them bloom.   I stamped the image and sentiment with Versafine ink.

Ready for the next stop? It's off to Jenny Gropp's blog.. but before you go, make sure you leave me a comment. One random comment will be selected from the blogs as winner of a $20 gift certificate for Serendipity Stamps!

We want everyone to feel like a winner so Mary's running a sale too - Buy 3 items and your 4th (least expensive item) is free - no coupon required.


The 50% off stamp of the month is To the World - you can find it here!



We hope you're playing along with our challenge too - this month's theme is Circles/Dots and our very special guest is Jinny Newlin! I hope you'll stop by and say hi to her!

For your convenience here's a list of all the designers with projects to share today.
Karen Amidon
Marybeth Lopez
Miriam Napier
Vickie Zimmer
Jeanne Jachna
Jenny Gropp
Julie Warner

Good Luck and Happy Hopping!










Finished Size all projects 4.25 x 5.5"

Butterfly Dream
Stamp | Serendipity Stamps | Butterfly Dream | I'd Never Forget You
Dies | Spellbinder Classic Circles, Scalloped Circles | Cheery Lynn French Pastry | MFT Fishtail Flags
Embossing Folder | Sizzix Circles Leaves & Diamonds
Copic Markers 
Buttons

Make A Wish
Stamps | Serendipity Stamps | Dandelion | Make A Wish
Memento Markers

Hope is the Thing
Stamps | Serendipity Stamps | Hope Is The Thing | Nest In Tree
Peerless Watercolors

28 comments:

Sharron said...

Beautiful designs! Love your different coloring techniques. My favorite is the fabulous watercolored greens and blues with the nest, just perfect for the eggs!

Carol H. said...

I love all 3 of your cards! The first one is my favorite. The butterflies, doily and embossed background are so pretty!

Diane Jaquay said...

These are all lovely, Jeanne! The watercolor with the black stamped image is fab!!

D.Ann C said...

These are all lovely! I think I like the lace doily and buttons the best.

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the first card - the buttons matching the butterflies is
a great idea.
The watercoloring on the second card is so pretty.
thanks for sharing.

Lori Kobular said...

I love each and every one of your beautiful cards! The colors are so pretty and I love the stamps you used on your gorgeous cards! The doily die on the first card looks amazing behind those adorable butterflies!

Marybeth said...

These are all as pretty as can be and I love the doily behind the first one. I can’t get over your beautiful photography! Awe I am sure you did Mary’s grandmother proud with this card!
Love the the flecks on the second one that is so pretty! Your watercolor on the third is gorgeous ....wonderful cards as always.
I found I didn’t have many of the stamps for this month as I thought I did.

Pat R said...

The butterfly card is so soft and pretty and I seriously love the simplicity of that dandelion!

ionabunny said...

Very pretty cards. Love the watercoloured nest card. Gorgeous. Hugz

Janis said...

Beautiful cards!!! I am always too overwhelmed to comment in much detail when there are so many fabulous cards in one post. I just love what you did on each of them.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Donna Whitten said...

Love your wonderful spring-like cards! They are all so different, yet equally beautiful! I think the last may be my favorite!

Geri S said...

Oh I love them all! Beautiful cards and thanks for sharing them all.

McStamper said...

Your cards are great. Love the butterflies and you did a beautiful project with it.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

WOW!!!! Love them all. Your first card is so sweet with the colors and the doily. but you hit it out of the park with your third card. I love the black stamping and allowing that background color to be the focus. Thanks for the inspiration

SHartl said...

I guess I'm excited about springtime because I am loving those cute little butterflies and your bright colors. Thank you for inspiring me with your cheerful card designs.

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...so many wonderful cards...just beautiful.

Karen Amidon said...

All your cards are beautiful and unique. My favorite has to be your watercolor...wonderful!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are so bright & beautiful, Jeanne! Love all the happy colors & clean layouts.

Vickie Y said...

Your cards are gorgeous; love the watercolor.

Lisa Elton said...

What trio of prettiness!! They're all just wonderful, but the first is my fave!!

Linda Batson said...

All of your cards are lovely the watercolor nest is my favorite.

Karenladd said...

All three cards are just gorgeous but I especially love the butterfly one with that doily and buttons adding to the sweetness!

Kris B said...

Your cards are all beautiful! Love the added glitter to the dandelion image. The butterfly image is so pretty and looks amazing on the doily! Stunning background on the bird-nest card!

Donna said...

Three lovely cards that ALL have elements I really like about them.
Well done, you :)

Sarah Ashley Posch said...

I always love your designs! Each card is beautiful and special. Of course, my favorite is always watercolor. I love that nest stamp!! I'm gonna have to have that one!

Denise Bryant said...

Lovely cards! Love the Butterfly Dreams card with your gorgeous coloring! The dandelion card and nest card are also beautiful!

cm said...

A trio of fresh, fabulous gorgeous cards, Jeanne! You've showcased the new products beautifully! As you can predict, the butterflies have completely captured my heart...stunning! How wonderful that Mary transformed her Grandmother's much-loved embroidered handkerchief into a stamp that many of us can enjoy...timeless image...
Hugs~c

Jinny Newlin said...

BEAUTIFUL! Just beautiful! These images scared me so much when I first saw them, but you know I'm always up for a challenge. They stretched me and made me fall in love with stamping in a whole new way. Thank you so much for inviting me to join the team this month, love! I enjoyed every minute of it!