Wednesday, March 30, 2016

SPDSS47 - You're A Gem!

Happy Wednesday!  Are you ready for the latest Sugar Pea Designs Challenge?  While the winner of the $75 gift certificate to the store is chosen every month, we have a new sketch for you every week!  You can play along with as many of the weekly challenges you like.   The winner of the big prize is drawn at random, so the more weeks that you play along, the more entries you have increasing your odds of being the lucky winner! 
This sketch looked like a good opportunity for me to stamp a background. Diamonds a a girls best friend right? I stamped a rainbow of pretty diamonds!! I took all the small diamonds from the Sparkle and Shine set and arranged them on an acrylic block. So I didn't stamp the diamonds as an arrangement - not one at a time.

Remember that the sketch is just for reference, a rectangle does not have to be a rectangle.  I switched mine for an oval shape for my sentiment.   
The little star sprinkles are clear multi faceted gems.  Instead of a banner hanging from the oval I threaded a bead on a sewing pin.  I found the bead in the jewelry department at the craft store.  I wanted something clear - again with many sides to look like a gem. 

Are you ready to play now?  Maybe a little more inspiration from the Challenge Design Team?  


Ok.. now you're ready right?  I hope you join us at Sugar Pea Designs Challenge!   You can find it on the blog by clicking the "current sketch" in the right margin. 










Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Sugar Pea Designs | Sparkle And Shine
Dies | Spellbinder Petite Ovals, Petite Scalloped Ovals
Gems | Dritz Pin | Bead

6 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Love the gems stamped in some of my favorite colors, beautiful card!

LauraJane:) said...

Great colors!

Lisa Elton said...

Cute card Jeanne, love the bling!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Your card is a pretty rainbow of color!!! Love the stick pin detail!

Karren said...

This card is a gem :) Love your take on the sketch!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Fun, fun, fun! Love the colours!!