Friday, March 18, 2016

TYIC#43 Lucky Stars!

A new challenge begins today at Tag You're It Challenge blog

Check out the inspiration designed by my teamie Donna Peachey!  Donna comes up with some of the most interesting designs - what do I mean?  Well take a closer look!  I'm guessing at first glance maybe you're not seeing the similarities between her card and mine!!   You have a clean tag stamped with a background and clean sentiment.  But what strikes me most is how she carried elements of the scene to the base of her card. 

This reminds me of an open door or window - and I see this beautiful scene through the open door and some of the nature is creeping inside. 
So you know me.. I'm a "brights" person and honestly I wanted to think of a way to make this my own.   I started by looking through my stamps for a similar style stamp - something with a long sentiment that I could build a theme on.   
I stamped the stars on the tag with Memento Ink.  I spritzed the stamp with water before stamping the image on watercolor paper.  I'm using Canson 140# cold press.  Next I stamped the sentiment with Versafine ink.  I trimmed it down and used a corner rounder and hole punch to make this into a tag.
I wanted the background ink to match the stamped stars so I used the same ink - Memento - I dabbed the pad on a piece of plastic (the sheet that came with my Stampamajig), spritzed it with water and then dabbed the plastic on the watercolor paper. 
I loved the bits of vine and leaves peeking out behind the tag on Donna's design so I added some die cut stars from Poppystamps in gold.  A few more gold die cut stars scattered like the butterflies on Donna's design - are you starting to see similarities?
The finishing touch is a little more gold - some Gold Shimmer Twinery Twine!
It's fun to see the different elements we all pick up on in a design challenge.  I just can't wait to see how you'll interpret this one!  You can see more from the design team and link up your project here at Tag You're It Challenge Blog!










Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | WPlus9 Lucky Stars
Die | Poppystamps  1306 Stacked Stars
Memento Ink
Twinery Gold Shimmer Twine
We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper 1/4" & Hole Punch

12 comments:

Lesley said...

Well I just LOVE this, Jeanne!!! The gold accents are pretty!

Donna said...

I am LOVING this tag card, Jeanne :)
You nailed it yet again. Absolutely gorgeous. X

Diane Jaquay said...

Super gorgeous, Jeanne, I'm a brights girl too so this just does it for me! Love that sentiment too!

Marybeth said...

Not sure what I love more the design or the colors with the gold! Just gorgeous, Jeanne!

Peanut said...

Oh Jeanne! Your tag is exquisite. LOVE the fun splashes of colour and all the gold accents. Thanks for having me back to guest on TYI.
x Asha

Lisa Elton said...

How PRETTY Jeanne, love it!

Kim Heggins said...

This is just one amazing card Jeanne...love all those fabulous colors and images.

Kara Lynne said...

Love this, Jeanne! Such bright stars and gorgeous color! I love how you described the way you were inspired.

cm said...

A breath taken away tag, Jeanne! Love that you've taken elements from Donna's card and worked your special magic with them to create this stunning, vibrant card that will bring immense joy and awe to the lucky friend receiving it. Those patterned star dies...smitten! I'm going to see if my 'local' crafting supplies gal has these in stock. They're amazing...
Hugs~c

Unknown said...

Fabulous card, I love it Debbs xx

anja curvers said...

Wow could this be any greater? Love the colors the design and that gold is the perfect touch.

Sharron said...

I always love how you describe what you saw in the inspiration piece and how you interpreted it. Your card is stunning! LOVE your design and those awesome colors! The gold is the perfect addition!