Wednesday, March 16, 2016

SPDSS45 - Go-Pher IT!

Do you love Sugar Pea Designs?  Well good news!  It's Wednesday so it's time for a new Sugar Sketch!  A winner is awarded monthly and the prize is sweet - a $75 gift certificate for Sugar Pea Designs!  You don't have to play along every week - but the more sketches you play - the more times you are entered to win the prize! You can get all the details here on the Sugar Pea Designs Blog!

I love working with a sketch - for me it takes lots of the guess work out of my design.  I generally look at the shape and try to imagine different images inside the shape.   This one is super easy since just about anything will fit in either the white open space, or as that heart accent in the bottom right corner. 
I usually use the sketch as a reference for my design layout..  for example.. the white open rectangle on the sketch is my little gopher, and the heart has been replaced by the twine bow in the right lower corner.   The stripes on the design are the mix of pattern papers in my background layout .  The sprinkle of stars on the sketch are now wood sequins.  You can interpret the shapes however you like.

I had fun coloring up the little gopher. The clean lines on the image make this easy.  I used Copic markers.  I added a brush of "Wink of Stella" to the gems.  I wish you could see them sparkle and shine. 

I thought the travel themed papers would be fun with the little guy from "Go-Pher It!" because speaking from experience these little guys can move!  We've had some move into the yard and gosh.. there are just tunnels EVERYWHERE!  Now if my gopher started digging up diamonds - I'd never want him to leave!

Are you ready to play?  Maybe a little more inspiration is required for you today?  LOL!  I know I know.. been there myself more than a few times....

Ok now you know what to do!  I hope you join us and have a great day!! 










Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Sugar Pea Designs | Go-pher It
Die | Spellbinder rectangles, Scalloped Rectangles | MFT Fishtail Flags
Twinery | Natural Twine
Wood Sequins | Cloud 9
Pattern Paper | Basic Grey | Carte Postal

6 comments:

!neke said...

So colorful and funny !!!!!!

Marlena M. said...

Fantastic card Jeanne~he's a cutie-patootie!

Karren said...

This is adorable, Jeanne! Your gopher is so cute and your patterned papers work beautifully together.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

So cute, Jeanne! I am with you...if only they dug diamonds!

cm said...

That expression on Mr. Gopher's face...priceless! Definitely a gem of a card...
Hugs~c

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Oh goodness - this is UBER cute! Love the red!