Thursday, March 17, 2016

Fusion Card Challenge - Everything's Owl Right

 
Do you love owls?  I can't see one without thinking of my dear friend Joyce from Cards By the Sea.  I know she's going to be so surprised this week when she see's the latest challenge at Fusion Card Challenge.  This one is called "Everything's Owl Right". 

I couldn't help smiling at the cute little owl bookmarks on the inspiration photo... bright primary colors and big wide eyes!    Remember it's Fusion so you can work with just the photo or just the sketch.. and if you're feeling like a smarty pants you can just Fuse them together! 
I kept lots of elements from the photo - the primary colors, big eyed owls, newsprint paper background.
I used a border punch to cut all those scallops.  I know they're a bit uneven - gosh I forgot how much I rely on my die cuts - but a border die wasn't long enough to do this angle cut.   I'm going to say the little bit of uneven cut adds to the whimsy!  
My sister found the google eyes that had colorful painted eyelids for the little owls.  I chose ink colors that would match the shades of the colors of the google eyes. The paper is a mix of pattern paper and solid card stock scraps.
 

Need a little more inspiration?  There is a special guest this week too - another very dear friend Kate Lorenzini from Pinned and Penned!   So wonderful to have so many friends who love the same things that I do! 



We hope you'll play along with us at Fusion Card Challenge!










Finished Size: 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Lawn Fawn | You're A Hoot!
Stampin' Up! Scallop Border Punch
Die | MFT Fishtail Flags
Pattern Paper | Authentique Classique
Google Eyes | Enamel Dots 

10 comments:

~amy~ said...

This is so sweet Jeanne!

Diane Jaquay said...

What a fun, colorful card this is, Jeanne!

Julia Aston said...

So bright and fun Jeanne! the eyelashed eyes add great whimsy to your owls - I wouldn't even have noticed the issue with the punched scallops if you hadn't mentioned it!!

sandie said...

Adorable and fun, love the use of the different text styles x

Joyce said...

Eek is right. I saw the challenge, then your card, then had to run right over to get a closer look. I must play along, of course, but the question is which of my many owls will get the spotlight this week? Love your darling owls in primary colors--and those eyes are killing me!

Kim Heggins said...

This is so sweet Jeanne...love your owls.

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hey Jeanne,

Oh me oh my, what hooty goodness, so bright and bold... But really those darling eyelashes eyes make this the FUNNEST!

Anonymous said...

I adore this!!!

Karren said...

Oh my! Owls with googly eyes and eyelashes? Too, too cute and funny! Love this card.

cm said...

Tee hee...your card is *OWL-some* in every way, Jeanne! Talk about a trio of cutie-patooties! Those eyes...
Hugs~c