Thursday, March 10, 2016

The Card Concept #50 - St. Patrick's Day

OH MY!  It's time for the wearin' o' the green! LOL!  And that's just fine by me!  I'm so anxious to see green popping up everywhere - especially in my yard!  I'm starting to see some bits of green that I know are  Day Lillies and Iris!  YAYY!!  And a few other things I'm not so sure of because I forgot which bulbs I planted where.  Well actually I think I wasn't feeling up to it last fall and actually pointed and Mr. J. put them in the ground .. credit where credit is due! LOL!   "Plant the bulbs yonder farm boy"  his reply ".. as you wish".  Don't you love the Princess Bride?   Do you even remember it?  Hopefully the squirrels and chipmunks didn't rearrange things too much!! 


Today I'm playing along at The Card Concept!  Look at that beautiful inspration photo - shamrock cookies with lots of patterns and green! 

I started with a pretty base of papers from Crate Paper.  I am in desperate need of new paper pads.   These were all that was left of several older collections. Good thing I saved them!  LOL!  I knew I'd need them someday!   
This fun sentiment is from Taylored Expressions.  I embossed it with gold embossing powder, colored up the shamrock, and then stamped it again in green so I could cut out some of the elements like the "lucky" and "17" to add some embellishment to the stamp. 
I thought a bit of pretty lace (a doily from Cheery Lynn - I only used half - I'll save the other half for next time) was fitting.  And to repeat the gold in the stamp I scattered some gold clovers from Impression Obsession, and sparkly gold shimmer Twinery Twine. 
Gold is hard to photograph so one to the side to get some shine and another photo head on so you can see the front! 
 I hope you have a great day and the luck of the Irish to you! 












Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamp |  Taylored Expressions | Graphic Greetings
Dies |   MFT Fishtail Flags &  Banner | Cheery Lynn Lilith Doily | Impression Obsession Clover
Pattern Paper | Crate Paper Scraps
Wood Sequins | Cloud 9
Twinery Gold Shimmer Twine
Gems

8 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a fun St Patrick's Day card! Love the Graphic Greetings!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card Jeanne...that stamp is amazing!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty St. Patrick's Day card Jeanne!! Love the golden clover!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne a perfect St. Patrick's Day card!

Debbie said...

Awesome card! Love all the details!! Thanks for playing along with The Card Concept!

Nancy Penir said...

A wonderfully festive St. Patrick's card, Jeanne! Love all the pattern, and especially that wonderful sentiment stamp!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What a fun St. Patrick's Day card!!! That sentiment over all the layers is just awesome! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Card Concept!

cm said...

Such a striking St. Patrick's Day card; the 'subway art' (is that what they're called?) sentiment stamp is the star of the stage, for sure! And those gold shamrocks...love them!
Hugs~c