Thursday, March 31, 2016

12 Kits of Occasions - Spring Fling!


Hello!  Welcome to the 12 Kits of Occasions!  We're a group of 12 friends who all love to paper craft!  Every month we take turns putting together a kit for the rest of the group.  We all receive the same items and on the last day of the month we reveal what we made with the kit.  It's fun to see how our designs are similar or oh so very different!  LOL!   Our hostess this month is Michelle Leone from Pretty Periwinkles and we're having a Spring Fling!   Michelle is a new friend for me and I'm getting to know her style.  From what I can tell so far she can do just about everything... CAS or layers.  I can't wait to see this kit through her eyes!
So what was in the kit?  Check it out!! Bright colorful papers, die cut bunnies, twine, sequins.  Hard to go wrong here - I know ALL the projects are going to be amazing!   I made quite a few things and there was very little left when I was done.  The "trixie" item I think you should keep an eye out for this time is that clothes pin with the wood veneer bird.  I didn't use mine on my projects, but I did hot glue it to my carousel that I keep my tools in so I can look at it and smile every day!   

Ready to see what I made?  Ok.. let's go!  

I added the google eyes to the bunny, but the kit had just about everything else including the little pom pom cotton tails for Mr. Rabbit!

All these cute veggies were stamped beautifully in rows - I couldn't bare to cut them apart!

To repeat the colorful striped background I traced around each stamped little bunny with a different color Copic marker.  I used very light shades so the effect would be subtle. 
I had so much fun playing with all these cute little bunnies!  Want to see more?  Check out what the rest of the team made!  

You can also check out our 12 Kits blog where you will see one sample from each designer - to sort of give you a feel for our different styles.  And don't forget to look for those clothes pin clips! 










All projects finished size 4.25 x 5.5"

13 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

These cards made me smile big time, Jeanne!! Delightful colors, images, and designs just bursting with SPRING!

I Card Everyone said...

Good morning, Jeanne!! I knew you would use these wonderful supplies to layer up gorgeousness! I adore all of the little scenes you've created, and OH you know I used the bird...
=]

Nancy Penir said...

Jeanne, these are darling! Love the googly eyes! I did use the pin, couldn't resist! Tickled that our carrot holding bunny cards are similar!!!

Marybeth said...

Hi Jeanne! I knew you would have some amazing cards made with this wonderful kit,and you did not disappoint! They are all bright and darling!
I need some SU ink is it too late for a sm order?

BeverlyBL said...

At least the bunnies didn't eat your cute vegetables;). I'm going to CASE that one for sure. I love all of your cards. So many cute ideas. Love your mix of papers and the "colorful" card, too.

Tracey McNeely said...

I knew you were going to do things I never thought of Jeanne! What a fantastic use of all the kit items and such brilliant ideas. The googly eyes of perfect and all so colourful. My favourite is you garden and the labeled veggies! CASEing that fab idea for sure!

Patti said...

Darling cards!! I love how you highlighted the bunnies where you outlined them with light Copic markers! Sweet idea to make them stand out in pretty pastels!!

Patti

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW - Amazing cards! LOVE!!!

Kim Heggins said...

Simply beautiful collection of cards Jeanne...love each one of them. Love it when I think like you like on first card. I may just have to add a little bunny to mine! I really love that you left the carrots and radishes intact, so clever and what a fabulous card with the wee tags, just adorable.

Joyce said...

I just knew you were going to go to town with this kit. So much color in all of your cards. They are all fantastic. I think my favorite (if I can even try to pick one) is the row of bunnies with just the hint of color. That is a great way to use those cute bunnies.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh boy, oh boy look at all of this PRETTY inspiration!! You rocked Michelle's darling kit Jeanne, these are fantastic!!

Lindsey said...

So cute! I love your colorful bunny card...so brilliant the way you outlined them. Your veggie card is one of my absolute faves...I loved the way they looked all in rows, too. Wish I had kept them that way now. :) And I love that you and Nancy designed such similar bunny cards...great minds! :)

Sharron said...

I thought of you when i was doing my cards. I knew you would be doing great things with all those fabulous papers! I struggle with combining patterns. Love how you kept the veggies uncut and used those sweet little labels. Your rainbow bunnies are so cute and the google eyes on the FS ones are such fun. Looks like you loved Michelle's kit as much as I did!