Tuesday, March 8, 2016

RC Sketch for You to Try! - Spring Has Sprung!

34_Mar2016Hi and thanks for stopping by!  I hope you're having a great day!  I'm excited because I'm starting to see some bits of green popping up around the garden!  Spring Has Sprung!   So when I saw the latest "Sketch for You to Try" at Reverse Confetti I knew I was going to pull out the flowers!  I love the new Confetti Cut Basket die - I think I'll be using it all year to load up with all sorts of things!   It even has a lacy little liner peeking out the top! 

Today it's filled with colorful double stamped flowers from the Garden Bunch Set.  You can triple stamp the flowers (they have three layers not including the centers), but I was happy with the double layers - plenty of color here!   The flowers are in two sizes and there's lots of ways to customize them for whatever your working on. 

I started with my pattern paper base. The sketch has lots of layers so I needed to do a little planning. once I got the papers together it was time for stamping. I tried to choose colors that would complement the background paper and still be bright enough to hold their own.
The sentiment "spring has sprung" is from the Carton Cuties set. 
I followed the sketch for the most part.  I substituted three little flowers that maybe fell from the basket for the three little dots on the sketch.
To break up the pattern paper I added a bit of solid card stock.  The Double Edge Scallop Border is awesome because it has two sides to choose from.
I die cut leaves in different shades of green from the Layered Laurels, and Leafy die cuts.
All that was left?  A sprinkle of sequins and a pretty bow.  I tied a bitty bow from 1/8" satin and then stuck a pin through the knot.  The flowers are adhered with adhesive foam tape so it was simple to tuck it behind them.  
You can't go wrong with a flower set!  LOL!   They're my favorite images to work with!  

Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Reverse Confetti | Garden Bunch | Carton Cuties
Dies | Confetti Cuts | Basket | Garden Bunch | Double Edge Scallop Border | Layered Laurels | Leafy Confetti Cuts
Pattern Paper | Basic Grey |Typeset
Sequins |  Pretty Pink Posh
Pin | Dritz, Ribbon | Offray 1/8" Satin

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful creation fab Spring colours Debbs xx

cm said...

Love the burst of Spring happening all over your card, Jeanne! the flowers...smitten!
hugs~c

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Jeanne, those roses are fabulous and the papers--oh my!

Kim Heggins said...

Wonderful card Jeanne...love all the wonderful layers and beautiful colors.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

This is completely stunning!

Kathy said...

Beautiful card...I was at the garden shop today and your card totally reminds me of that! Great layers and flower basket.