Monday, March 7, 2016

Pretty Little Studio - Bunny Gift Card

Do you love sending holiday cards? I do!! Especially to the children in the family. I remember receiving holiday cards when I was young. It was such a treat to find an envelope addressed to me in the mail. If I was lucky there would be a dollar bill tucked inside! I'd feel like a millionaire in the days when you could still find penny candy! I made a pocket card today featuring the Gabby die cut! Isn't this the sweetest Easter Rabbit you've ever seen?
Easter-Bunny
The base of my card was made with a mix of papers from the Hopscotch collection. Layered backgrounds are a great way to use up your scraps of paper that you can't bare to part with. When I added the journaling card as a pocket I didn't think there was enough definition between the pocket and the background so I added a small strip of yellow Neapolitan paper. Solids are a great way to break up patterns and help define areas.

For my pocket I used a Hello Spring Pocket Life Journaling Card. It's the light green striped paper card under the bunny. To fancy it up a bit I adhered half of a 4" Cambridge Doily, (I'll save the other half for another project.) That little bit of pattern paper with the plaid and stitching peeking out from under the green striped journaling card is from two Hopscotch Fun Note Strips. I attached one to the top and bottom of the journaling card to add more color and pattern. Then I attached the journaling card to my base applying glue to the outer edges of the sides and bottom only - leaving the top free of adhesive so I could tuck a "little something" inside.
I trimmed the "Easter" word from a Easter Word Tag. There are 10 little cut apart cards on a sheet with different words in an assortment of colors.
The finishing touch was embellishments! I attached some sparklies from the Baby Sam Mint Confetti Mix. It has shiny irridescent stars, and large flat green pastel sequins - perfect for mixing with these papers.To add a little cash or a gift card, dress up a simple paperclip with some ribbon. I found this striped paperclip at the office supply store, and tied it with some lime green ribbon. Pulling the ribbon up makes it easy to retrieve the contents of the pocket.


Here's the completed card - ready to mail or give to your someone special! 








Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5”
Pretty Little Studio Products:
Die Cut | Gabby
Cut Outs | Hopscotch Fun Note Strips, Easter Word Tags
Paper | Hopscotch | Neapolitan
Journaling Card | Hello Spring Pocket Life
Confetti | Baby Sam Mint Mix
Doily | Cambridge 4”
Paper Clip
Ribbon | May Arts ¼” Twill Chevron
Twinery Honeydew Twine

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow I love this, the hidden pocket is fabulous, I think big kids would love this to 😉

Marybeth said...

Aww what an adorable bunny Easter card and fun place to stash the cash!

Tracey McNeely said...

So adorable Jeanne, and yes I remember that I loved to receive cards int he mail addressed to me as a child--I still do!

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I LOVE the colors you used and the layering with the hidden pocket is a cool idea!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my gosh what a CUTE bunny!! This is darling Jeanne!

~amy~ said...

Check out that sweet bunny!

Sharron said...

Aw, so sweet! Love the adorable bunny!

cm said...

The plaid, the stripes, the colours, the elements and that bunny face! Oh my goodness...charming and cute in every way! My grandma used to send us cards and letters, always with a special treat tucked inside. That's why I send to my niece and nephew, with a goal for at least once month. I really need to get more images/dies suitable for little boys. Adore your card; thank you for sparking treasured memories...
hugs~c

Lisa Minckler said...

That is adorable. What a clever and fun way to include a gift. :)

Kim Heggins said...

Oh....this bunny is just too sweet.