Wednesday, May 20, 2015

SSCB#43 My Girl - Rose Square

Hi and thanks for stopping by today!  I've been busy trying to get the garden planted.  DH had to till the garden, rake it out and get it ready for me.  Today I planted tomatoes, peppers, onion, corn, zucchini, eggplant, cabbage, and kohlrabi,   That's it for today.  I'll get more in tomorrow.  I'm tired!  LOL!

We're at the half way point of the latest Serendipity Stamps Challenge.  This month it's "My Girl".  We're looking for feminine cards for the special ladies in your life.

 I wanted something soft and feminine for my card so I started with the Floral Frame Die from Serendipity!  I thought the Rose Square stamp embossed in gold would be stunning - and it is!!
For my sentiment I used this "Love You" stamp.   The letters are so scrolly and feminine and the message looks personal and hand written (If only I payed attention in penmanship class! - do they even have that anymore???)    I masked off the quill pen portion of the stamp with a piece of washi tape before I inked it up, and then removed the tape before I stamped the image.  I generally look at images as shapes and thought this one would fit beautifully inside an oval.  To make it stand out more I cut a second scalloped oval in a darker shade of pink to draw more attention to it. Of course a cute little heart gem doesn't hurt either!  LOL!
Here's the finished card.  Mary asked the DT to make cards with special folds or to add a pocket to their card. If you're looking for mine you won't find it.  I blew it this week and neglected to add this special feature.   My card is an unusual size if that counts -  it's 4.5" x 5.5" - not my usual A2 size.  
Want to go shopping?  This stamp called "Aprons" is the 50% off stamp this month.

We have a very special guest this month too.   Isha Gupta!  Her designs are always bright and beautiful and sure to make you smile!  I hope you will stop and say hi to her!

Want to see more feminine projects from the DT?  Just click on their names below to jump to their blogs. 

1 comment:

pam said...

Oooo this is so beautiful Jeanne, love your gold embossed stamped image, gorgeous frame and colors.

my favorite card style squarish!
Hugs Pam x