Saturday, May 9, 2015

My crafty space

I promised some pics of the renovations as they've been going on here.. but first my disclaimer... I did not ask for all these wonderful changes.   DH gets all the credit -making the most out of every square inch, planning and measuring. ...thinking of what would make life easier for me and making it happen without ever complaining..  Thank you for supporting what I love, you mean the world to me.

I used to have a row of 2 drawer file cabinets under the window with a piece of shelving on top so I could use it as a table.  We took the file cabinets out and installed rows of drawers.   Moriko kept popping in the photos!  What a ham!
Still a few changes need to be made - the curtains are now too long - not sure if I will shorten these or get new ones.   Above the window I have favorite card's I've made framed in shadow boxes.


It's really nice to have entire drawers designated to certain products like washi (separated with rulers for now), distress ink, embossing powder, glitter etc.   I even have a drawer devoted to scraps of solid cards stock.  It's right next to my die cut machine so I can just open the drawer, flip through the scraps and cut away!
New electrical outlets above the counter top make it easy for me to find a plug without crawling around on the floor.   The shelves are all adjustable so my shelves can change as my latest passion does.   Lots of empty space to grow.  Of course that's my sweet old dog's pic on the top shelf.  She was my shadow for 13 years an I still miss her everyday.  She's still watching over me. 
The area I spend most time at is to the right where I have a U Shaped alcove loaded with all sorts of stuff all in clear boxes and at my fingertips.   One of my walls is a row of ink pads.

 A big plus?  Being able to move my photo equipment up stairs and out of the dining room.  No more running up and down 13 steps to reshoot a pic.
I love the open corner where I have storage for pattern paper, boxes of paper roses, and ribbon.  Better yet.. leg room so I can have company if someone wants to visit.   There is plenty of room for a bar stool and lots of open space to spread out and plan different designs.
 Now if I can only remember exactly what is inside each drawer. I keep pulling out the wrong one.  DH is suggesting labels.... no.. don't even go there!

15 comments:

pam said...

Love your fantastic craft room Jeanne!
great organisation (bet you had a lot of work!!!).
Your DH has done a great job..
Happy crafting and thank you for sharing your photos..

Hugs Pam x

~amy~ said...

I'll be right over to play...WOW! Love seeing your amazing space Jeanne!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Wow! After the long wait, everything is in place! It looks like a FABULOUS place to work and create in!

Kara Lynne said...

I am in awe! Thanks so much for sharing, it's so inspiring to see your updated work space! Kudos to your other half!

Alanna said...

Wow what an amazing room. Enjoy!

Nancy Penir said...

Dreamy! Love every inch! But the drawer with sections for the washi... showing that one to my hubby. congats and enjoy! And yes, you DH is credit-worthy!

Joyce said...

So happy your room is complete. It is utterly amazing. Wow. And, your husband is so incredible for making this room for you. You should make him a card! tee hee.

Kim Heggins said...

WOW...what an incredible craft room. I love it! What a sweet hubby you have too, you are so lucky. Now I see why you make all the fabulous cards you make, so many supplies!

Mary Dew Lee said...

OMG! Your new space is so inspiring! No wonder you create such works of art - everything right where you need it and I bet you put everything back right as you finish with it! Me? Let's not go there...

Suzanne said...

HOLY MOLY, Jeanne!!!!!

Marybeth said...

This is amazing Jeanne! So nice of your DH to do all that for you. Nice to have your own photo spot upstairs as well. You do not need any more stamps,lol!

Karen Amidon said...

Oh my Jeanne, this is awesome!! What a wonderful room to create all your beautiful designs. Hubby did a great job, does he hire out, lol!

Sharron said...

Awesome room!! You have a wonderful hubby to create this amazing space for you. It's going to be such a joy!!!

Kara said...

what a great room! love your little crafting buddy too!

Birgit said...

Oh what a fabulous room, packed with so much crafty goodness!! Your hubby is such a sweetie for loving on you so!! Thanks for sharing this link with me. ;0)