Wednesday, May 6, 2015

SSCB#43 My Girl!

Hi and thanks for stopping by!  I hope you are having a great day! A new challenge begins today (the first Wednesday of the month) at Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog!  The theme this month is "My Girl" and we're looking for all things feminine!   Easy peasy right?  The 50% off "stamp of the month" is the "aprons" I used on my card.  This image always reminds me of my mom because she always had a pretty apron.  She would sew them herself and sometimes even do a little embroidery on them.  They always had some fancy pleats or ruffles.  I never really understood why she wore an apron until I started cooking myself.  Now I wish I had a few!  I'm always spraying the stains off my clothing on wash day.   Maybe she will make me one if I ask nice?  LOL!!! 
 Mary gave the design team an extra challenge for this one.  She asked us to do a "partial die cut".  I used an oval to create a frame for my aprons.  I cut the oval from the top, and then the bottom - never completely rolling the die through my machine so that it would stay attached.
 I was originally going to put little bows to hold up the clothes line - but left them "naked" so you could see "no cheating" that I didn't cut all the way through.  I fussy cut the aprons from the oval and left them hanging in the open frame.  I added a patchwork of pattern papers - for a homey"quilted" look.
 I'm still hooked on the little wood look sequins at Serendipity!  I hope you will give them a try.  They come in three different colors and look great mixed with colored sequins.
Want to go shopping?  
The "stamp of the month" for May is Aprons.
$1 Grab Bags and Cling Stamps 

Want to see more designs from the rest of the team?  Look for their partial die cuts!



I hope you find some time to play too!  We'd love to see your designs at Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog!











Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Serendipity Stamps Apron, Mom SM.
Die:  Spellbinder Petite Ovals
Sequins:  Serendipity Stamps
Pattern Paper Pebbles "Garden Party" 6x6"

11 comments:

Pauline said...

Beautiful Jeanne, lovely spring colours with the sweet aprons image!

Kelly Latevola said...

Your card is super feminine Jeanne! I love the idea of cooking up a storm in her handmade aprons!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How pretty, Jeanne! I love the fresh colors and your patchwork bg is fabulous.

Mary said...

Jeanne, your card is just the cutest. It brought back memories for me too. I loved helping my mom hang cloths on the cloths line. Growing up we lived on a lake. There was always a breeze and watching the cloths dance on the line was always fun for my sisters and I. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration and the fond memory.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet!

Joyce said...

This is absolutely adorable. I think I would wear an apron all day every day if they were as cute as the ones on your card.

Karren said...

This is beautiful! Your partial die-cutting is perfect and the row of laundry is just so cute.

Sharron said...

Your card is so adorable! Love the quilt background and the aprons are so sweet!

Marybeth said...

This is just as cute as can be and I love the colors! Nicely done!

Kim Heggins said...

Love those adorable little aprons, just so sweet in so many pretty colors.

Jeannie said...

So cute and adorable and the perfect papers too!

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys