Friday, May 8, 2015

Tag You're It - Bloom

Hi friends! I hope you're having a great day! I'm starting to spend more time outdoors... ok... not doing fun stuff... pulling lots of weeds. They seem to have survived the winter. Wish I could say the same for everything else! I thought April showers were supposed to bring May flowers! I guess I'll have to make my own! That's my favorite part of crafting.. making my own weather and instant flowers! LOL!

A new challenge begins today at Tag You're It! and this one is from Erin Thiem!  I'm new to the team and am glad for the opportunity to get to know each of the designers a little better.  I love all the different styles and am inspired by them every week. 

I don't ever want to case someone completely -  I try to focus on an element of the inspiration and then try to make it my own.   So many things to love about Erin's design... the first thing that caught my eye?  The stencil in the background.  I'm not sure how she got the print on hers - maybe the ink came up through the paste?  I'm hoping she will explain more on her blog.
I started with a word print pattern paper - a take on the print background on Erin's design.  I used the negative of a die cut for my "stencil".  I smeared on modeling paste and then poured on gold glitter.  I switched out the "coffee" theme with a floral theme.  Don't you love the contrast of the burlap and satin trims? 
 

Now it's your turn.  Want to see what the rest of the team made?  Hop on over to Tag You're It Challenge Blog and your sure to be inspired!










Supplies:
Dies Memory Box Donnington Tendril, Serendipity Stamps Bloom and Spring Flower Pops
Stamps:  Serendipity Stamps Spring Flower Pops
Glitter / Gems
Golden Light Modeling Paste
Pattern Paper: Basic Grey Basics 12 x 12"
1/2" Burlap Ivory - May Arts , 7/8" Blue Satin - Ribbon Boutique (Hobby Lobby)

5 comments:

Lisaerica said...

Jeanne, I'm new to your blog and now a follower. I love this tag, I agree the contrast is great with the burlap and ribbon. I love the blue and gold together. I went peeking around your blog, your very talented. I'm going to go shopping for these dies for sure. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Marybeth said...

Love the contrast with the bright royal blue bow! Beautiful tag!

Joyce said...

What a gorgeous tag. I love your beautifully colored flowers, and that gold glitter. Very cute idea to put flowers in the o's in bloom.

Sharron said...

Fabulous tag--love the gold & blue! Your die cut 'bloom" is such a great addition!

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous tag...love all your sweet little details that make this simply fabulous!