Friday, May 22, 2015

Tag You're It! Berry Sweet

How are you today?  Keeping busy?  I know I am.  I've been trying to spend a little time every day in the garden getting things started.  I figure if I take it slow it won't wear me out.  Most of the time the whole family does it all in a weekend - that's just not working out this year. Everyone has their own agenda and if I put things off  there wont be much picking later! LOL!

A new challenge begins at Tag You're It today!   I love tags!  I know .. I know.  I've said that a billion times.... but I really do.  There is something about transforming a small scrap of paper into a bitty work of art that fascinates me.   

Take this beauty from Lynn Put today!  So many perfect little details that just delight me.  I love the strawberry with the two color "berry" sentiment, and that perfect bit of gingham on bottom and top.  This has such a homey country feel,  And how about that second tag on back, that little slip of red peeking out from under?    If you look really close you'll see that Lynn even stamped the strawberry image on that!
SO how to make this one my own?  I kept with the berry theme and layout.   Instead of red trims I kept to blue.  I added a bit of glitterly "sugar" to the berries and a lacy border to the bottom of the tag. 
Now it's your turn!  I know you have a berry stamp set somewhere in your collection!  Dust it off and get stamping!    You can link up your project and see other samples from the design team HERE at Tag You're It Challenge!









Supplies:
Stamps: WPlus9 Fresh Picked
Dies:  Cheery Lynn  Lace Lite Deco Border, Simon Says Stamp Large Tags
Washi
Ribbon:  Twisted Burlap, 7/8 Solid Ivory Check Blue  May Arts
Ultra Fine Glitter Martha Stewart

12 comments:

Donna said...

Very sweet tag, Jeanne. No pun intended! Love the glitter berry detail :)

Michelle said...

Gorgeous, tag! Love the bright blue! I must make some time to join in. :-)

Marybeth said...

Love your tag and it's gorgeous gingham bow...just too sweet! The delicate trim on the edge is beautiful!

Lynn Put said...

Oh goodness, this is fabulous! The bow alone is gorgeous not to mention the sweet stamped berries and pretty trim.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet! I love it!

Sharron said...

Love that WPlus9 set, a favorite! Your tag is so sweet! The glittery 'sugar' really adds to the lusciousness of your berries. Awesome bow too!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love this in shades of blue. It really makes the berries and leaves pop! And your glittery "sugar" is a great idea!

Julia Aston said...

Love the sugar on your berries and that wonderful bright blue bow Jeanne! Julia xx

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Jeanne, love your take on Lynn's tag. It looks so beautiful with deep blue layer, lacy border and gingham bow!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous and sweet berry tag...just love it!

Renee V said...

This is so cute! I don't know how in the world you did that bow, but it's magnificent!!!

Nora Noll said...

This is adorable!! I really like the colors you used and the way you layered the tag over another. It really makes it pop. I also LOVE that fun stamp set you used. Great take on the challenge!!