Sunday, June 30, 2019

12 Kits of Occasions - Summer Fun!

It's the last day of the month and you know what that means right? It's time for The 12 Kits of Occasions! The 12 Kits of Occasions is a group of 12 friends who all love to paper craft. Every month we take turns making a kit for the rest of the group. We all receive the same kit with the same items. On the last day of the month we reveal what we each made with the kit. It's fun to see how we used the product in different ways. Sometimes the projects are similar and sometimes they are very different.
Our hostess this month is Birgit Norton - Crafting While I Wait! Her kit is a ray of summer sunshine in paper! There are beach going penguins, palm trees and pretty hibiscus flowers! The papers are from Echo Park's Summer Fun Collection. When I was done making there were only two things I didn't use.. the pretty green and pink sequins, and the twine. Very strange because I'm always adding embellishments whenever I can. I can't keep my hands off the PPP jewels I guess! 

I made SIX CARDS! So here goes! 
 
Stamps | MFT Stamps Penguins In Paradise, Ellen Hutson Warm Fuzzies Dies | MFT Snow Drift, Memory Box Circle Basics
Jewels: Pretty Pink Posh Sea Glass
 
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Some Like It Hot (Hibiscus), Our Daily Bread Sand Surf Sun
Dies: Pink & Main Wreath Base, Echo Park Palm Leaves
Pattern Paper: Echo Park Summer Fun
Jewels: Pretty Pink Posh Marigold
 
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Some Like It Hot (flamingo), Ellen Hutson Warm Fuzzies 
Dies: Impression Obsession Smile, Frantic Stamper Flip Flops, MFT Fishtail Flags, Memory Box Circle Basics
Pattern Paper: Echo Park Summer Fun
Jewels: Pretty Pink Posh Blush & Watermelon
 
Stamps : Papertrey Ink Some Like It Hot (Pineapple), My Creative Time I'm Here for You Rain or Shine (Sentiment), Pretty Pink Posh Hibiscus Flowers
Dies: MFT Stitched Fishtail Flags, Memory Box Circle Basics
Pattern Paper: Echo Park Summer Fun | MFT Sweet Celebration (green stripes)
Jewels: Pretty Pink Posh Spring Green, Shamrock
 
Stamps: Penny Black Beach Baby, Our Daily Bread Sand Surf Sun (FUN), MFT Pure Innocence Fun In The Sun 
Dies: Avery Elle Wonky Stitches, MFT Sunny Skies, Fishtail Flags, Memory Box Circle Basics
Paper | Echo Park Summer Fun
Jewels: Pretty Pink Posh Lemon Drop
 
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Some Like It Hot (Hibiscus), Ellen Hutson Warm Fuzzies
Dies : Spellbinders Market Fresh I'll Have A Slice, Echo Park Palm Leaves, WPlus9 Sunshine Layers, MFT Fishtail Flags, Memory Box Circle Basics
Pattern Paper: MFT Sweet Celebration
Jewels: Pretty Pink Posh Spring Green, Shamrock | MFT Sweet Celebration (green stripes)

Ready to see more cards made to celebrate Summer? Check out The 12 Kits of Occasions Blog where you'll see a sample from each of the designers or click on these links below!


Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!



All cards finished size 4.25 x 5.5"

5 comments:

Sharron said...

Jeanne, you always work such magic with the papers in our kits. Every card is gorgeous! And I love how you used the colors. The designs are so happy and perfect for summer. A favorite is the flamingo card (love that flamingo paper and those fabulous die cuts). And those lime greens, so fresh and pretty. Your use of circles behind the die cuts is especially effective, love that look!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my goodness Jeanne absolutely jaw dropping! I love all of your cards and the patterns you put together. The way you coloured the penguins and the scene you put together is ever so cute and all the fun tropical designs are amazing. Just the addition of some colourful circles make such a huge impact on the way that patterned papers mix together, note to self to continue to learn from you the master mixer. I can't pick a favourite card but I can pack a bunch that I would like to Case once crafting is a little more easy again. Well done, so inspiring! xo

Birgit said...

Hi Jeanne, I just knew I'd be blown away by your cards using this kit, and I totally am!! Each card screams summer fun! The penguin scene is perfectly adorable and I too, am amazed at how simple layered circles can make such an impact on your cards. Your layering and use of printed papers always inspires me. I adore each and every card!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Your cards are always cute as can be and so perfect! xoxox

Cindy Beach said...

sweet. summer. sunshine. fun. beach. and terrific cards all rolled into one! You've inspired me to make something summery and fresh. LOVE your scrumptious designs!