Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge - Green Snowdude

Wow has it been super cold and snowy here in the midwest this week.   Winter is hitting us hard this year - and early too!   Last year we didn't see any "real" snow (meaning - get the shovel out) until January.   I thought I'd put that inspiration to use and make a fun snow dude card for the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge.  This week is "anything goes".  I was seriously thinking about the sushi rolls from "Calorie Free" but couldn't figure out how to make them "seasonal" - so I'm playing it safe with the snow dudes.  They make me smile!!  I'm on a green kick lately - I think I'm burnt out on all the holiday red!
There are lots of extras on this card, a cut out window, a scalloped oval frame, a hand cut snowy background and just a little bit of coloring!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you are having a great day and keeping warm!



Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Paper Smooches Swanky Snow Dudes
Dies:  Paper Smooches Swanky Snow Dudes, Spellbinders Classic Ovals, Classic Scalloped Ovals, PTI Double Ended Banners
Pattern Paper:  October Afternoon Silent Night
Card Stock:  PTI White, Vintage Cream, SU! Wild Wasabi
Glitter
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black, Copic Markers
Buttons, Gems

6 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

I love how you colored the little cheeks of your snowman Jeanne...that multi-color glittery snow is also beautiful. Great card and I love the new "green" you!

~Tammy~ said...

Eek, I am totally smitten with this! Totally adore to pieces!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love everything about this. The colours, the paper and the image! LOVE it all!

Sharron said...

Fabulous papers and I love the green! Your little snow dude is so adorable in his snowy scene. The snow keeps missing us and the temperature today was in the 50s but it's supposed to turn cold soon. Hope you can stay warm!

Katie Gehring said...

This is so adorable! Love all the extra touches especially the birch tree background- it's fabulous! Thanks for playing along with this week's SPARKS challenge!!!

Joyce said...

This is just absolutely adorable. I love the adorable scene you created in that oval window, and those snowflakes with the green bling.