Sunday, December 8, 2013

Crafty Secrets Madonna and Child

I'm the guest designer this month at Crafty Secrets, so every Monday in December I will have a new project to share.   I love their vintage images and unique designs.  Recently I rediscovered them and found that most of their designs are digital. I am guessing that most of you are like me and have only dabbled a little with digital designs.   You can purchase single images of  Crafty Secrets designs or entire discs.  The discs are really amazing - everything you need to create a card is at your fingertips - digital paper, sentiments, embellishments, frames - it's all there.  There are even 3-D projects on the disc for gift boxes/bags and place cards for your holiday dinner table.
 

 If you have an electronic cutter - I used the Silhouette Cameo - the designs are easy to import to your library and manipulate. You can also use other software that will allow you to manipulate photo files like Photoshop.   I have to say it was really nice to have everything perfectly coordinated in one place.  The pattern paper and all the images are color and theme matched to work together - you just print what you need, die cut and assemble.   too small for other projects. 

I wanted to add lots of gold to this one so I layered the Madonna Image on gold foil, and trimmed the foliage die cuts with a metallic gold pen.  The foliage was cut from a music print paper that I printed off the disc.
For this Madonna and child card I used the same disc as last time (Vintage Christmas #6) when my project featured a vintage Santa image.  With over 150 images there is lots of variety including religious images, angels, Santa's, and nature (birds and foliage).  Check out what the rest of the design team has for you today!  Just click on their names below!

  • Vicki Chrisman Team Leader
  • Michele Kovack - See 295+ Gallery!
  • Darlene Pavlick
  • Rebekah Faries
  • Sheila Rumney
  • Kathy Clement
  • Elizabeth (I love rubber) on Splitcoast
  • Cherry Nelson
  • I hope you are having a great day and you are feeling the Christmas spirit!


    Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  4.5 x 6.25"
    Images:  Crafty Secrets Vintage Holiday #6 CD
    Ribbon 7/8" Cluny Fan Simplicity, 3/4" Velvet Woven Burgundy, 5/8" Taffeta Iridescent, Ivory Button Twine May Arts
    Bead Spray Hobby Lobby
    Red Gem Jolee's Boutique
    Die:  Spellbinder Shadow Flowers
    Card Stock:  PTI Vintage Cream, SU! Gumball Green, Gold Foil AC Specialty
    Ink:  18 kt Gold leafing Pen Krylon

    1 comment:

    Cathy Weber said...

    Whoa...this is such a beautiful card Jeanne. How many times can I say that? Practically every time I see one of your cards, but this one is especially elegant...like a beautiful painting, so serene. Love all the gold and the velvet ribbon. Beautiful!