Wednesday, December 4, 2013

CASE Study Challenge - Moxie Fabulous!

It's Thursday!  That means its time for a new challenge at CASE Study Challenge Blog.  It's also a new month (Wow! Time is flying!) December, so we have a new muse for you too!  We are doing things a little different this time - we do have a muse and it is none other than the Moxie Fabulous Cath Edvalson the Trends Editor at Paper Crafts Magazine.  Cath recently left this position but we wanted to do something special to thank her for the picture perfect inspiration, challenges, and friendship she's shared with us.   I really enjoyed her witty sense of humor, pinterest photo pics and her "bottomless" magical prize drawer.  It was my favorite place to see the latest products and run into bloggie friends along the way.  
When I first found the Moxie Fab World I was so excited.  I remember showing my husband the Tuesday Trigger and my submission to ask his opinion.  Could he see how I was inspired by the photo?  I remember him zooming in on the picture of Cath with her feather boa and asking me who she was.  I told him that was "the Moxie Fabulous Cath who runs the Moxie Fabulous World - and if she says it's Moxie Fabulous then you better pay attention!"  I guess he was listening because after that, whenever I would drag him to the craft store with me he would sneak up behind me with a feather boa he found in the craft section draped around my neck and ask me if he was Moxie Fabulous?!!  He always finds a way to make me laugh and yes Roger if you are reading this - you are Moxie Fabulous!

So all this month we will be featuring Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger inspiration pics.  Here's this weeks' inspiration.  Wow!  Don't have to ask me what I see here - love the color!  Bright turquoise, navy and gold!  And yes!!  Peacock feathers of course!   YAY!! Now which feathers to choose??   I went with the Waltzingmouse Funky Feathers because I think the shape most closely resembles the shape of a Peacock feather.   I added a turquoise and navy dot to the center of the leaf and stamped it on aqua mist paper to add lots of color!!   Got feathers?  Time to get stamping!

 
Because I couldn't decide if I should go CAS or Fussy I made one of each.   You decide which one you like best.  They are like my children, I love them both!
Want to see what the rest of the team made with the inspiration pic?  Click on their names here to hop to their blog.  Our guestie this month is:  Amy Ryall - give her a big welcome!!


Chupa - Iwona Palamountain
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Clare Buswell
Debbie Hughes
Maureen Plut
Tasnim Ahmed 
Maureen Merritt
Silke Ledlow

Thanks for stopping by and have a Moxie Fabulous December folks!
Hugs!






Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"  CAS
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Funky Feathers
Card Stock, PTI White, Aqua Mist, Enchanted Evening
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Luxe Peanut Brittle, Danube Blue, Bahama Blue
Gem:  Prima

Fussy  Finished Size 4.5 x 6.25"

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Funky Feathers, Country Labels 14
Pattern Paper:  October Afternoon Woodland Park 8x8"
Card Stock"  PTI Vintage Cream, Enchanted Evening, White, AC Specialty Gold Foil
Dies:  Spellbinder Persian Accents, Labels 14
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Luxe Peanut Brittle, Danube Blue, Bahama Blue
Button, Gem, Bling:Prima
Ribbon:  5/8" Textured Lines Blue Green May Arts, 3/8" Navy Velvet Decorative Trim (Hobby Lobby)

11 comments:

Joyce said...

I loved your story--how fun to have a moxie-fabulous husband! I cannot get my DH within 100 yards of a Michaels, so I wouldn't know what that is like. I really love both of your cards, but would have to vote for the CAS version if I had to pick a favorite. I think you chose the perfect stamp set for this challenge.

~Tammy~ said...

Now if that is not another perfect take on inspiration then I don't know what is! So very pretty and lovely!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh Jeanne this is so gorgeous!

Deborah Frings said...

They are both absolutely Moxie Fab! Sorry, couldn't resist. I love the elegance of the first card and the simply repeating pattern on the second. Great work!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Seriously! How amazing are you!?! Not one but 2 stunning cards!

My Paper Epiphany said...

I just read your story - love it!

Lindsey said...

I love both, too! And I loved the story about your husband...he sounds like a hoot. How fun!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, I love them both! Such a beautiful palette, and I adore your theme!

Unknown said...

Two great cards!

Kristi said...

Gorgeous peacock card! Swoon!

Sharron said...

I love them both too! I'm just a little partial to the fussy one though. That paper with the peacocks and the gorgeous gold border piece are stunning!