Thursday, December 5, 2013

25 Days of Christmas Tags with Tracey McNeely

My friend Tracey Mc Neely from In My Creative Opinion is hosting a 25 Days of Christmas Tags event.  She's asking some of her bloggie friends to join her as she posts and I was so lucky that she asked me!  I'm a big fan of Tracey's clean and simple style and am delighted to have one of my tags featured on the same post as hers.  I'm sort of a fussy girl and I was so tempted to "dial it down" and make a more simple tag - but you know I can't resist some bling and a big fat bow.  Side by side - you will have the best of both worlds at her blog today!
My tag came together with just a few layers.  I stamped and die cut the star from Waltzingmouse "Seasons of Love Tags" and then layered on the matted Santa image with adhesive foam tape so it stands up a bit.  The "Santa Claus" sentiment is stamped, die cut, and then tucked under the layered Santa image.  

Hop on over to Tracey's blog and see all the wonderful tags posted there.  I know you will be amazed - lots of different styles from lots of different designers!   Just click here to say hi to Tracey!  Oh and did I mention Tracey has a mystery guest today too?  There are three designs on her blog today - she won't tell me who the other "guestie" is!  She says it's a SURPRISE!!  I love surprises!!  I can't wait to see who it is!! 

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse "Seasons of Love Tags", "Santa's Coming to Town"
Dies:  Spellbinder Stars 5, Standard Circles, Inverted Scalloped Circles, Nested Pennants
card Stock: PIT White, Pure Poppy
Brad: Brides (Michael's)
Ribbon: 7/8" Wired Red Organza Robert Stanley Collection (Hobby Lobby)

10 comments:

Pauline said...

Beautiful tag Jeanne! Love that gorgeous bow!

Christina said...

What a delightful surprise to share the spotlight with you this morning, Jeanne! And how perfect that we both used silhouette images on our tags. Your bow is gorgeous as always, and I'm just smitten with the star shape. I would have to hang this beauty on my tree!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne, your tag is perfection in my eyes! I am so in LOVE with that pretty sheer red bow. I wish I could tie like you. So so happy to have you join me today as my guest and I am so glad you like surprises. Isn't the other guest amazing too? xoxo

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous tag, Jeanne! I love love the red Santa in this and your have make the image pop with all the wonderful trimmings and layering!

Darnell said...

I love how you've given Santa Claus star billing, Jeanne, topping him off with one of your brilliant bows!! Hugs, Darnell

Kara said...

beautiful tag!

Lindsey said...

Jeanne, I LOVE this one! It's definitely one of my favorite tags in Tracey's series. I'll have to pop over and see who the mystery guest is.

Vickie Z said...

Okay... I'm a sucker for red....double sucker for the Santa image...and the star behind it all!! Hooked...fabulous!!

Marybeth said...

Jeanne I love this star tag! Your bow with the pearl is dreamy!

Sharron said...

LOVE your bow! This looks like it should go on the tree rather than just a package. It's gorgeous!!