Friday, December 20, 2013

CASology Knit - Merry Christmas!

The cold weather has finally thawed here and would you believe it?  Rain!  All day it's been raining and the snow is now a big sloppy mess.  Every time the dog goes out she brings back a little trail of foot prints!   Between cleaning up muddy paw prints, and a few loads of laundry  I had some time to play and made this one for CASology.  The theme this week is knit.  I will be honest, I don't know how to knit, but thought maybe a few gold crochet flowers and a diamond knit embossed background might do the trick.  I also added a pretty rolled felt flower and some burlap ribbon to add some texture to the mix.
Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you are having a great day!




Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamp:  Papertrey Ink THink Big Favorites 20
Dies:  Sizzix 3 D Flowers
Embossing Folder:  Sizzix Diamonds & Damask
Ink  Versafine Onyx Black
Card Stock:  PTI White, Pure Poppy
Crochet Flowers
Ribbon : 1/2" Woven Burlap Olive May Arts
Red Felt, Pearls

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Well, Jeanne, for a gal who can't knit, you sure did a bang up job with this card. So much beautiful color and texture. When you come to visit me, I will teach you how to knit!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Jeanne, and I love all your knit elements! Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology and have a wonderful Christmas holiday!

wienerhoneymooners said...

WOW, oh WOW Jeanne! This is over the top cool! We are in the same "I can't knit club!" This is really a great way to incorporate knit elements in the design!

Thanks so much for adding this knit bloom card to the CASology Gallery this week Jeanne, so glad to have you here, I am a HUMUNGOUS fan or your WM work, and all in general really!!

We flew from WA to Missouri and the morning we flew it snowed almost 4 inches and yet the plane was on time, we thought we were going from cold to colder, though I think we brought WA rain!!! LOL

Glad you are thawing out!
Sooooo glad to see you at CASology! Have a wonderful weekend, and Happy Holidays!

Lisa Minckler said...

Are you posting like every 2 seconds??? LOL...I swear I thought I'd seen all your latest work and now I find that I've obviously missed 4 posts...so sorry about that. I thought I was with it more than that...haha. Brain must have froze with all the ice. Your cards have been so much fun to admire. I absolutely LOOOVE the latest with the red baker's twine and snowflake with red gem. The traditional colors are exquisite, but how you layer and present all the yummy embellishments is where the real magic happens. ALSO...THIS card is out of this world. You know I love crocheted whatnots and the whatnots on this baby are dynamite!!!!!
Merry Christmas Jeanne and big hugs to you and the family.
Lisa