Friday, December 27, 2013

Paper Smooches Sparks Flower Garden

HI!  Are you having a good holiday?  I'm having a quiet Christmas at home - enjoying the time I have with my kids while they are off school.   The weather is cold here making me want to stay in the house.  While they're playing video games I snuck off to play with my stamps.  I'm playing along with Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge today.  This week is a sketch challenge
Because it's cold I decided to make my own flower garden with the Calico set.   The sentiment is from the Sentiment Sampler that is packed with all sorts of sentiments and fonts.  I tried to stay true to the sketch adding some orange ric rac vs. a panel of paper across the center of my design.
 I hope you have some time to play!   Maybe I'll see you over at the Sparks Challenge!  Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!


Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Paper Smooches:  Calico, Sentiment Sampler
Pattern Paper:  Basic Grey Hey Girl!
Card Stock:  PTI Simply Chartreuse, Vintage Cream
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Spun Sugar, Orange Marmalade, Memento Luxe Morocco, Love Letter, Angel Pink, Rosebud, Bahama Blue, New Leaf, Olive Grove, Dandelion
Twinery Twine Mandarin
1/4" Orange Ric Rac May Arts
1/4" Corner Rounder We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Button, Gems
Border Punch:  EK Success Binding Edge

6 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

Jeanne, this card is so you! Beautiful and vibrant! Perfect approach to the sketch my friend! You rocked it! So glad u have had a wonderful quiet time with those you love! I have not been crafting with family here!

Joyce said...

This so so very colorful and pretty. Like a burst of warmth and sunshine.

Marybeth said...

I am soo behind. Sounds like a very nice peaceful Christmas with loved ones.
Great job with this sketch Jeanne. Sure to brighten anyone's day!

Kim Heggins said...

I have to agree with Joyce, the the burst of warmth and sunshine! It is just so sweet.

Isha Gupta said...

Love your card so much. The bright n vibrant stamping on the pattern paper stole my heart. superb take on the sketch too. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Smooches Sparks!

Bajalizzy said...

what a gem of a card!