Saturday, January 23, 2016

To One Of My Favorite Peeps

You already love Poppystamps for their dies, but have you checked out their clear stamp sets? They're absolutely adorable! There are 11 new clear stamp sets with coordinating dies that were released this month. Today I'm playing with "To All My Peeps". This set is perfect for Spring / Easter.
They are beautifully drawn and have clever sentiments to match the images. I created a simple watercolor background with blue and green Peerless watercolors. I wanted it to look like grass and sky to set the scene for my little chickies!

I stamped the images with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored the images with Copic Markers. Memento Ink dries quickly and never bleeds with Copic Markers. I stamped the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black for a crisp dark sentiment.

My watercolor skills have come a long way in the past year. I really love working with Peerless Watercolors and a water brush. The colors blend beautifully and are easy to manage. You simply brush the water where you want it and pick up just a little pigment from the watercolor paper sheets. The color blooms when it comes in contact with the water you laid down on your paper. I recently discovered that you can iron your work after it's completely dried to smooth out some of those wrinkles and get your projects to lay flat.

What's unique about the Poppystamps Clear Stamp sets is that the matching die sets have more dies. There is a die cut for practically EVERY shape in the stamp set. That is really unusual since most other brands only offer a handful of dies for their sets - not for every single stamp. This makes it easier for you to create - no fussy cutting - a perfect clean crisp outline every time. The dies are open "window" so you just stamp, color, tape down the die so the image shows in the open window, and die cut. It doesn't get easier than that!


You can see all the new dies and stamps by clicking on the Poppystamps January 216 catalog in the right side bar, or just click here.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


Supplies:
Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Poppystamps  CL426 To ALl My Peeps Clear Stamp Set
1464 To All My Peeps Die Set
Peerless Watercolor

10 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Love your card!!Soooooooooooooo cute!!!Awesome stamp!!!Have a good day!!

Maria said...

Love the gorgeous water colored background and the little chicks are so CUTE!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful watercoloured background Jeanne! That is the sweetest scene!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super CUTE!!!

Lisa Elton said...

This is so cute, great background too!!

Karren said...

This is soooo cute! Love those little chicks and your coloring is fabulous!

Marybeth said...

This is adorable and I love the way you are using the paper watercolors. New to me but I saw them on BPD

Sharron said...

Aw, so cute Love your watercolored background and the basket of colorful eggs!

Lisa Minckler said...

Oh my goodness...that was a plethora of fabulous information, tips and techniques. I have now created a new shopping list based solely on your professional opinion and the outcome of this card is just gorgeous. All the different mediums blended so wonderfully together and come to find out you didn't fussy cut those little chicks was crazy! I'm heading over there now.
Thanks chica for all the great input and wonderful eyeball candy inspiration on your card.
Big hugs!
Lisa x

cm said...

SQUEAL! Totally adorable card! The chicks, the eggs, the background...fantastic! I'm steering clear of water-colouring (have to...gives me stress), but I'm still intrigued by water-colour paper because it works 'better' with my newest 'crush': polychromos pencils. I see your paper is white...if you have a chance, I'd love to know the brand! Ironing the paper: clever you!
hugs~c