Monday, January 4, 2016

Pretty Little Studio Sketch Challenge - Winter Wonderland


Do you love Pretty Little Studio?  Did you know we have a sketch challenge every month?  This one is great as a page layout or for a card.  I saw that little snowman on the sketch and although you don't have to use a snowman there - I thought he looked absolutely perfect.  It's winter.. I'm cold.. that's  my story and I'm sticking to it!   
One of my favorite things about Pretty Little Studio is that all the pieces are ready to assemble.  The snowman is a die cut - so he's printed and cut out and ready to work with.    I wanted lots of pink in my design so I used a pink wood grain print from the Birthday Cake 6" Paper Collection.  The items from each collection are perfectly coordinated to match.  The pink is the same pink no matter if you are working with the Christmas pieces, or the Birthday pieces.   














Lots of items come on sheets - different sayings or sentiments in different colors so you can mix and match.   The "Winter Wonderland" sentiment  and train tickets are good examples.  The train tickets are 10 on a sheet (and they're on clearance here for 25 cents!)  You cut them apart - and they're printed in different colors.  I punched a few holes in the ticket so it looks like it was used.
To add a little dimension I adhered the snowman die cut with adhesive foam tape.  Pretty Little Studio has several different doilies to choose from - this is a 4" Cambridge.  They even have GOLD ones! 

The finishing touch was a sprinkle of stars and confetti - I mixed two different collections - the yellow is from the Gold Treasure package, and the pink is from Baby Claire.  The wood veneer stars are Studio Calico.
Super cute right?  Almost makes me want it to snow!  Actually we've had it pretty easy this year - lots of sleet last week.  I hadn't driven for a few days (never thought I'd hear me say that) so I had to scrape the windows when I was leaving.  The ice was so thick it actually broke my scraper!!!!   Never had that happen before either.  Oh well - gotta just laugh right?


.







Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Pretty Little Studio Supplies
Die Cut | Snowman 5

Doily  | 4" Cambridge
Paper | Birthday Cake 6"
Confetti | Baby Claire, Gold Treasure
Cut Apart | Train Ticket | Word Flag Dear Santa
Wood Stars | Studio Calico

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

So CUTE Jeanne!! Love the wooden embellies and polka dot stars!!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is just as cute as can be, Jeanne, LOVE!!!

Diane said...

Happy New year Jeanne, that is one super cute snowman.

Hugs Diane

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Such a super sweet snowman there Jeanne! Thank you for stopping by blog today and your sweet comments! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Marybeth said...

Oh this is so cute and I love all the pink! How fun to just layer it altogether and you do that so well!