Friday, January 8, 2016

Card Concept #46 - Cozy Cuppa

It's no secret that one of my fave places to play is The Card Concept.  The inspiration is always gorgeous and the design team samples are total eye candy!   They're back from their winter holiday break and back in action so of course I'm there! LOL!  Check out the photo this time!! I love the cozy winter feel - the hot cuppa cocoa, the stitched mittens, and even that grey cable sweater in the background.  Can you tell it's cold here in the Midwest?    Gosh... I'm ready to head down to the kitchen and make a cup right now  You'll laugh..and yes.. I know chocolate is bad for dogs, but I always pour a little bit  in Moriko's bowl.  I add some milk to cool it down.   Yes.. she's a spoiled little thing.   Well.. not so little.. the kiddo is pushing 100 pounds.
I copied the photo quite literally - I started with a grey wood grain background and added some red stitches. 

The sentiment is from Waltzingouse "Coffee Set" - it has some of the most perfect sentiments.  I know I said this is cocoa.. but that's only because I don't drink coffee like the rest of the civilized world.   I refuse to grow up!  OOOh I love how it smells when it's brewing, but I haven't gotten used to the taste.  
I discovered that there is a die I don't own while I was making this one - a spoon!  Crazy right?  Lucky I had this little metal charm in my stash!
I stamped the itty bitty tag with "mmmm" and attached it to the handle of the cup with some Twinery Marachino Twine.

Are you ready to play now?  You can link up your design and get all the details here at The Card Concept.. and as for style... hmmm.... always the hardest part for me...  I think I'm going to go classy and elegant - monochromatic, impress, awe, shiny finish.. sounds good to me! LOL! 
 









Finished Size:  4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Coffee Setf
Pattern Paper:  October Afternoon "Under The Tree" 12"
Dies:  Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders, MFT Fishtail Flags, Hot Cocoa Cups, Spellbinders Charmed I'm Sure, Cheery Lynn Mandy Doily
Twinery Maraschino Twine
Metal Spoon Charm - Paper Studio Hobby Lobby
Heart Pin:  Maya Road

15 comments:

Joan Smith said...

OMG Your card is so gosh darn cute!! You sure came up with lots of amazing & fabulous creative ideas to say the least!! The colors are so perfect for Valentines day...so makes for the perfect card to send to a Coffee or Tea lover....me I am HUGE Kuppa Kuppa (Keurig Koffee) Gal. Love the doily on it just makes it super cozy and inviting. You definitely did a super outstanding creative job!! YOU so ROCK!!

~amy~ said...

I LOVE this.

Maria said...

Perfect take on the inspiration photo! Love the red cup with the white heart and spoon sitting at the side! It's such a lovely warm cozy card...love it!

Diane Jaquay said...

Well this is a card after my coffee loving heart, Jeanne, simply FABULOUS!!!

Kathy Straw said...

Your card is so cute! I love the added spoon, just awesome!

Toni said...

Brilliant! I love everything about this!

Lesley said...

My word this is stunning and you knocked my inspiration out of the park! Love all the details and that doily!

Darnell said...

They are NUTS not to have you on the DT, Jeanne! This card is so perfect for the challenge! The attention to detail is dazzling!! Hugs, Darnell

sandie said...

Thank you for your lovely comments on our challenge at TCC. I adore all this detail on the card, especially your added charm and that gorgeous heart stirrer. Hope your dog enjoyed his hot chocolate. Thanks for joining us at TCC.

Toss In a Little Glitter said...

I love all your detail! It makes me smile just looking at it!

GirlGeek101 said...

I totally LOVE this card! I definitely feel a case coming on! Gorgeous papers and dies!

Karen Dunbrook said...

sweet card...warm and cozy, just right for this time of year!

Kim Heggins said...

So sweet....love your wonderful cup of coffee, just adorable.

Sheri Gilson said...

Love your fabulous take on the inspiration photo! Thank you so much for playing along with the Card Concept challenge!

cm said...

Mmmmm is right, Jeanne...every element here has me craving a cup of warm cocoa. Love that you share a wee bit with your darling pup; I used to do the same with my mini schnauzers. A teensy bit of people treats just seems 'fair'...Love your card immensely!
hugs~c