Friday, January 29, 2016

Pretty Little Studio | Best Friends

Do you love bling? Then you stopped by for a visit on the right day! Today's Friday Feature is the "Gold Mine" Collection. Just as the name implies this collection features all sorts of yummy metallic papers and embellishments like stickers, labels, die cuts and more. The metallics in gold, copper, and silver are neutrals so they make wonderful accents to accompany other collections from Pretty Little Studio. I wanted to make a Valentine - since Valentine's Day is just around the corner! This cute little couple with an umbrella is a die cut called "Best Friends". This die comes in full size and mini - I used the full size on my A2 size card.
The background paper I used is from the You and Me Collection. These papers are perfect for Valentines with lots of hearts and arrows incorporated into the patterns. The metallic Golden Arrow Paper from the Gold Mine Collection complements the papers I chose perfectly! Because the gold is neutral it will compliment any color palate of your choice.
I like to send Valentines to friends and family so they know I'm thinking of them. The "Best Friends" Paper Ribbon makes the perfect sentiment! The ribbons come 20 on a sheet that you trim to size.
I love that all the collections mix and match easily! The cute little geotag flair with the heart is from the Let's Go Travel Collection! The aqua blue of the flair matches the die cut and stripes in the background papers perfectly!
All the gold accents are total eye candy on my card. I love the Gold Foil Lace Doilies - they are so intricate and make everything elegant and extra special. They're large for a card - 5" so I usually cut them and use pieces on my projects. I added a Gold Metallic Die Cut Note Flag to ground the die cut and give a more finished look to the seam between the pattern paper and die cut border.
Isn't this cute little couple adorable? I hope they inspire you to get started on your own Valentine's Day projects!










Finished Size: 4.25 x 5.5"
Pretty Little Studio Products:
Die Cut: Best Friends
Pattern Paper: You and Me Collection, Gold Mine: Golden Arrow
Doily | Gold Foil Lace | 5"
Flair | Let's Go Travel | Fresno
Note Flags | Gold Metallic | Die Cut
Cut Outs: With You Paper Ribbons
Other
Gold Shimmer Twinery Twine
Heart Gems

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

They are a darling pair, this is sweet Jeanne!

Jinny Newlin said...

That die cut is absolutely darling, Jeanne! Love the silvers/golds here, and your layers/textures are perfection!

cm said...

Your two little friends are darling, and oh, how you've made them the stars of the show with the fabulous stage you've created! Love the bling!
Hugs~c