Thursday, January 7, 2016

Happy New Year Chickies!

It's that time of year that we look back at the good and the bad of last year and make resolutions to do better this year. Time to flip the page on the calendar and start all over again. What perfect timing for a tip - ideas for creating better in 2016! My "Thursday Tip" for today is to reimagine products to make them work for you. The die cut I used today is called "Wedding Chicks". This one would be great for a wedding or Valentine, but when I saw these two chickies all decked out I saw New Year's Eve. No reason these chickies couldn't serve my purpose! LOL!
I was going for formal and elegant - that little guy is wearing a top hat, and the Mrs. is wearing her best hat - so I added lots of silver to my design - silver mesh ribbon, glitter paper, and swirls of gems! The silver goes great with the grey and pink pattern paper from the You & Me Collection.
I love "re imagining" the Pretty Little Studio packaging too. The graph paper that I stamped with the "Happy New Year" sentiment is actually the packaging from the Silly Bob Bookmark Cards. If you look close you can see the grid is numbered - which had me thinking about the countdown to New Year's. Using your packaging is a great way to be green and minimize waste.



Wishing you all the very best 2016!

Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5”
Pretty Little Studio Products
Die Cut Wedding Chicks
Pattern Paper You & Me
Silly Bob Bookmark Cards Packaging
Stamp: Waltzingmouse Stamps “Flurries”
Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Border
Gems
¼” SIlver Mesh RIbbon May Arts
Star Pin Maya Road

5 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh my word, could this be any CUTER? This card makes me SMILE! I love every thing about it! XXX

Tracey McNeely said...

Absolutely too tweet!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh, this is so sweet!! The chicks are absolutely adorable!! Thanks for stopping by to say HELLO! : )

Diane Jaquay said...

How utterly ADORABLE!!!

cm said...

What a handsome and beautiful chickie couple, Jeanne! Elegant, sophisticated and a heaping helping of cute, too!
Hugs~c