Friday, January 15, 2016

Tag You're It! Love and Bunnies

How is everybody doing?  Getting ready for the weekend?  I hope you have something fun planned.  It's wet and rainy here today. The temperature is supposed to drop tonight so all that water will be a sheet of ice pretty soon.  Can you believe I broke two car window ice scrapers in the past week?  All that ice is like chipping away a rock on your windshield!   

We're at the half way point of the challenge at Tag You're It! Tracey has a really fun CAS design for you to try this time!   Check it out... a fun watercolor background topped with a cute little die cut elephant!  I love the little bouquet of flowers behind his back and the heart balloon floating from his trunk!  What a sweetie! 

You can choose whatever elements you like from the design.  I wanted to switch things up and make a Valentine tag, so I water colored a heart and then added some splashes.   Instead of an elephant I added a little bunny!

I've been experimenting more with watercolor and am finally feeling a little more confident than I have in the past.  I can't tell you how many I've tossed because they just don't look right to me.  It's hard for me to get comfortable with the loose lines and blending qualities.  I suppose I'm more used to clean crisp lines from my die cuts... but oooh the color makes my heart happy! 

That was easy right?  Now it's your turn!  I hope you'll pull out your watercolors - or distress inks and give this one a go!  We'd sure love to see what you make!  Just click here to jump to the Tag You're It Challenge Blog! 










Dies: Poppystamps Mainstreet Tags, Heart Breeze
Stamp:  "Be Mine" from "Yes I Whale", Bunny from "All My Peeps"
Jumbo Eyelet We R Memory Keepers
Ivory Twisted Burlap May Arts
Watercolor:  Peerless

11 comments:

pam said...

Well you are doing fantastic with watercolours Jeanne! not even going there me..
Love this cute image on your tag and beautiful colour.
Hugs Pam x

Sharron said...

Love your watercolored heart! There's nothing quite like the look of watercoloring. But I'm with you about trying to develop my technique. Your splatters are great additions and I adore that sweet bunny!

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute bunny! This is super sweet Jeanne. I like the splatters and the shape of your tag!

Gloria said...

The bunny is so cute!
The tag is so beautiful!

Diane Jaquay said...

Adorbs :)

Kim Heggins said...

Love that adorable little bunny!

Tracey McNeely said...

You are watercolouring like a boss Jeanne! Love this sweet pink heart!

Lisa Minckler said...

Your watercolor skills look wonderful Jeanne! I love how the heart colors blended and that bunny is so sweet!! This is a fabulous card and packed full of inspiration. The colors REALLY made me happy too.
I hope you're doing well.
Big hugs to you,
Lisa x

Maria said...

Awww...darling Valentine tag with the sweet bunny and hearts!!!

Donna said...

I love this pink background, Jeanne. I have hubby redecorating the dining room soon so that I can finally get messy with my own watercolours. Yay !!!

cm said...

Two broken window scrapers? YIKES! We've had 'relative' tame weather in comparison to yours (shhh..don't want to say that too loud, as we're traveling west next weekend (12th-15th) to see my husband's family. Dry roads. Must have dry roads...). Your water-colouring is fabulous, Jeanne...so pretty and perfect for cute Mr. Bunny!
hugs~c