Wednesday, January 27, 2016

SPDSS38 - Love You Tons!


Love is in the air!  Valentine's Day is just around the corner!   I love making cards for all occasions so I can remind friends and family how much they mean to me all year long.   Valentine's Day is no exception! 

Are you playing along with our monthly challenge at Sugar Pea Designs?  We provide a new sketch every Wednesday along with samples from the design team featuring Sugar Pea Designs Products.    But the prize is drawn monthly.  So..  the more you play the better the chance you have to win.  To enter you only have to play along with one sketch, but to better your odds play along with all four!  The prize is sweet too!  A $75 gift certificate from the store... and if you saw the latest release that is sure going to be a welcome surprise because you're going to want them ALL!!!  I know I do!! 

This is a really fun sketch and as soon as I saw the three circles down the center of the sketch the Heart Journal Card die came to mind.   I told you my rule about pattern paper - to break up patterns add some solid card stock between them.. so for this one I added the Heart Border down each side of the center strip.  Because some of the hearts in the border are open I filled them in with cutouts of pink card stock. 
 I even cut some extra hearts from gold glitter paper so I could sprinkle them around in lieu of confetti.   The fun "Love You Tons" sentiment is from the Tons of Fun stamp set.  The set seems mostly birthday themed but if you look closer you'll see the sentiments can be used for lots of occasions!  
I originally had the "love" die cut in red, but once I added the gold hearts I thought a little peek of gold from behind the letters would be perfect to pull the different elements of the design together. 
Want to see what the rest of the sketch team made?  You can see their projects by clicking on their names or by heading over to the Sugar Pea Designs Blog!




Maybe this is the part you've been waiting for.. Told you I would be giving away a Polaroid Journal Card die right?  The random winner is Lisa!  Thanks for your sweet comments they're sure appreciated!  

I hope you'll join me over at the Sugar Pea Designs Challenge this week! 



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamp:  Sugar Pea Designs Tons of Fun
Dies:  Sugar Pea Designs Heart Journal Card, Heart Border
Pattern Paper: Basic Grey True Love

10 comments:

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Oh my goodness! This is fabulous! I just love the pattern papers !

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Gorgeous work, Jeanne! Once again, your use of patterned paper is outstanding. Love your use of the sentiment, too!

Lisa Elton said...

SWOON!!! My new fave from you Jeanne. I LOVE the colors, your pretty design and the touch of gold!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oops!! Forgot to thank you for the awesome die!!

Karren said...

That die is indeed perfect for this sketch, Jeanne, and you've made a stunning card with it. I actually had to click on your link to the shop because I couldn't picture it in my mind. Might have to add that to my ever-increasing wishlist!

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card and I just love the beauties and papers chosen. Following your blog now.xx {aNNie}

ionabunny said...

Love the card and the sketch. Congrats to Lisa. Hugz

Maria said...

Fabulous card with the awesome dies, paper, and hearts! Love the touch of gold, too!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Beautiful! Love the touches of gold!!

cm said...

I love THIS card tons! Consider my heart captured by your hearts....
Hugs~c