Friday, January 8, 2016

RCSFYTT#32 - Always And Forever

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I hope you're having a great day and maybe have some plans for the weekend ! I'm dying to get out of the house with Moriko. It feels like forever since we went for a long walk. The sidewalks have been covered with a sheet of ice making it pretty much impossible for me. Maybe some spikes in my shoes would help!  The snow is melting today so by tomorrow I should be good to go. 
I'm playing along with the Reverse Confetti monthly Sketch For You To Try!  You know I'm a sucker for a sketch challenge and I love Reverse Confetti stamps.    Warning:  Alternative Valentine Alert!     I made this one for my DH.    Normally he is my "little crab" because just being honest here.. he doesn't have the sunniest disposition.  My guy is a "working man" - he's working outside rain or shine, and never fails to tell it like it is.  He's not a romantic, but he knows how to make me laugh.   I know he'll take any sort of Valentine I give him.... even if it's pink and flowery, but I know he will like this one better.   

Let "Always and Forever" come on the radio and he'll be singing along to me.  If we're at a wedding he'll drag me on the dance floor.   I know that song just makes him happy so this sentiment is a winner. 


So why the alligator?  Alligators mean vacation.  We usually head down south when we do go (South Carolina or Florida)  - and we usually have  a competition for who spots the first alligator.   They remind us both of good times!
I added a few embellishments like google eyes, gem heart (because I know he has one even when he's hiding it), and some wood look sequins. 
Isn't the best part of card making being able to personalize your creations for the special people in your life?  I can't wait to see what you make this Valentine's season! 


Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Reverse Confetti Later Alligator
Dies:  Reverse Confetti Later Alligator, Stitched Flag Trio, Chevron Pretty Panels, Documented, Double Edge Scallop
Twinery Charcoal Twine
Pattern paper Basic Grey Sun Kissed
Sequins Serendipity Stamps

17 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Look AMAZING! And so so CUTE!!!!

Lisa Minckler said...

A googly eyed alligator that has a gem of a heart, now that's original! I love anything unique and quirky and this fits the bill for both of them. It's ADORABLE!!
Hope you get that walk in with your pup.
Big hugs to you!
Lisa x

Diane Jaquay said...

Love this, Jeanne, and I'm sure your hubby will too! Wonderful details, and I too love to personalize my cards for my recipients :)

Kay Miller said...

Such a cute card Jeanne! But more than that, I love the story behind it of why you used the alligator and the sentiment! I hope you can get out and take that walk soon! :)

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne...this is so stinkin' cute! I love your sweet critter.

Jinny Newlin said...

Super, stinkin' adorable, Jeanne! Really love your mix of patterns here, and that little heart, in the center of the sweet alligator, is such a great finishing touch!

Chriss Blagrave said...

I Love your use of the patterned papers...green and black always look so good to my eyes! Your story on why you used each element is so sweet and I am certain that this Valentine card will touch your man's heart!
Have a great day!

KirstenNB said...

Just love RC's alligators and you used this little guy for such a great purpose!

GirlGeek101 said...

These are really gorgeous dies! The card is FABULOUS!

Deepti said...

Love the way you layer your projects, they look so perfect :)

Sharron said...

Love how you personalized your card! I'm sure your hubby will love that you made it "just for him"! And that alligator is so cute. As always, love your perfect layering!

Amy Sheffer said...

This is totally fabulous, Jeanne! I love how you personalized it -- so special!

I Card Everyone said...

Jeanne this is just darling ... and I, too, love that song! He can be crabby all day, if he gets you out of the dance floor? he's A-OK with me!!! [and may I add: this is how layering is supposed to look!! - but thanks for the kindness]
=]

ionabunny said...

Love the alligator and the wood sequins. Cool. Hugz

Tracey McNeely said...

Well and I love you too! This is just so cute Jeanne I love that gator and his big teethe smile and the awesome googley eyes!! I bet your man is going to love this one! I also hope that you get the chance to head south this winter too. I know we are not heading south this year because the Canadian dollar is soon bad right now. I might go visit hubby in North Carolina next month for a bit at least it will be warmer than here.

~amy~ said...

Way to rock the sketch Jeanne! I love this CUTE card!
Thanks for joining us for the January SFYTT!

cm said...

Hmmm...I "thought" I had left a comment here (jumping in 'out of order' to do so), but apparently not. At any rate, I totally adore your gator card. You've created a marvelous background for him with the colours/images. The googly eyes are darling; the wee heart, over-the-moon charming! I hope he dances you off your feet when he receives this! Florida and South Carolina...how wonderful. Maybe we'll get there someday...
Hugs~c