Wednesday, April 30, 2014

12 Kits of Occasions - April Showers Bring May Flowers

Hi friends and thanks for stopping by!  You picked a great day for a visit because there's lots going on!  I have three posts today.   It's my last week as the Guest Designer at Color Throwdown, Waltzingmouse new release previews start today, and I'm the hostess this month for the 12 Kits of Occasions.  Just to refresh your memory, the 12 Kits is a group of 12 friends who are obsessed with card making.  Every month we take turns supplying the group a "kit" of  ingredients to work with.  On the last day of the month we all show what we made with the kit.     This month the theme is "April Showers Bring May Flowers" and I was the hostess who put the kit together.     I think I was a little nervous about my selections.  I know I'm a little more "fru fru" than my friends, and lets face it.... my color preferences do tend to lean towards bright, and yes... pink!  I suppose that's not every body's cup of tea so I did my best to prove that yes.... all these things really do go together!  LOL!   I mean what's not to love about Basic Grey Paper, May Arts Ribbon, and Poppy/Memory Box die cuts right?  That's heaven in my world!   I've got lots of things made so here goes..... 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 Unfortunately our friend Christina MacLaren  decided to leave the group so we had two kits (vs. the usual one)  to give to commenters from last month - and I'm happy to have made two new friends Erin and Nancy!

 April Guests
Kellly Schirmer - Gingham Girl

Want a chance to play along with us next month and receive a kit of your own?  Leave a comment here on the  12 Kits of Occasions Blog

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a beautiful day!











Stamps:
· Clearly Besotted Happy Everything
· Paper Sweeties “April Showers” from Spring is Here
· Paper Smooches Pretty Momma, Sentiment Sampler, “Thank you” from Word Up
· Serendipity Stamps: More Than Anything, God Gave Us, Happy Mother’s Day, Happy Birthday, Thank You Small, Butterfly Bush Small, Hydrangea Small, Queen Anne’s Lace Small
· Waltzingmouse Stamps: “Hello” from Fancy Phrases, “Birthday Wishes” from Teeny Trees
· Papertrey Ink Birthday Classics April Stamp Set
Dies:
· Memory Box Norwich Corner, Lovely Peony Outline, Lovely Peony Background, Delightful Peony Background, Delightful Peony Outline, Pixie Flower, Fairy Flower, Twinkle Bell Flower Elegant Leaves, Arched Stems, Eva Stem
· Kraft Ticket from Maya Road
· Poppystamps Large Marianna Vine, Wild Rose Bud, Mod Flower Border
· Clearly Besotted “Happy Everything”,
· PTI Double Ended Banners
· Lil Inker Designs Mom
· Serendipity Stamps Teapot and Tea Cup
· Spellbinder Tags Trio
· Cheery Lynn Priscilla Doily
· Marianne Oval Doily CR1204
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey Fresh Cut Collection 12 x 12” “Lilac Meadow”, “Poppy Lane”, “Violet Garden” , “Morning Glory Market”, “Bluebell Boutique”, “Gardenia Row”, “Peony District”, “Sweet Pea Square”
Card Stock: Stampin’ Up! Tangerine Tango, Strawberry Slush, Night of Navy, Coastal Cabana, Paper Trey Ink Simply Chartreuse
Embossing Folders : Stampin’ Up! Vine Street, Sizzix Fleur Tile, Cuttlebug Anna Griffin Matelassé
Ribbon: May Arts 5/8” Sheer Ruffle Edge Turquoise, 1/8” Solid Diagonal Stripe Navy, ½” Trim Loops Ivory, 5/8” Grosgrain Dots Navy/White, 5/8” Crochet Watermelon, 5/8” Mesh Fuchsia /Yellow
Twinery Twine: Strawberry, Caribbean, Mandarin, Honeydew
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black (Sentiments), Memento Tuxedo Black (images to color), Stampin Up! Night of Navy, Versamark
Zing Gold Embossing Powder
Extras: Buttons: Stampin Up!
· Pins: Dritz
· Lotus Gems Jolees Boutique
· Rhinestone swirl with pink flower and butterfly paper clip by Recollections
· Sequins: Michaels
· Glitter Lady bug Paper Studio
· Woodgrain Polaroid Frame Jillibean Soup

15 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Wow…. these are so amazing and now I'm thinking of all the fun I can do with more patterned paper and more color. Thank you so much for letting me join you lovely ladies.

Marybeth said...

Each card should be in another magazine . Love what you have done will all the flowers pretty layers and Jeanne bows! I had a bow on one of my cards and took it off because I just couldn't get it right. Love the scallop on on of the cards and wished I would have remembered to do that. Thanks for a wonderful kit! I had so much fun making them .

Cathy Weber said...

I don't know that I have enough strength in my fingers this morning to type enough about all those great cards, Jeanne. I will tell you that this has been one of my VERY favorite months for 12 Kits...so many fun dies to play with! My favorite card...well my two favorite cards are the first card with the big pink bow and gem and the second card with the quote from Monet...I love that stamped on the oval doily...thank you for a really great month!

Lesley said...

I think this kit is simply amazing! Just look at all the gorgeous inspiration you have shared. I think my favorite card is the second one. I love the big teal blue bow and that adorable butterfly clip! Where did you find that clip!?

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne...oh my goodness! What a gorgeous array of stunning cards...really where do I start. Each and everyone is a masterpiece in it's self, I just them all. Your final card is my favorite of the bunch, the way you colored that rose is just does not get any better than this. I love all the wonderful and sweet detail that you added to each card...just a fabulous month and the best kit ever! I loved each little piece of it and I am so happy that I have plenty of leftovers to play with. Thank you again!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne your kit was absolutely gorgeous and I had such fun creating with it. I have so much left so I get to keep on enjoying it but CASEing everyone's projects. You need to do a video or how to tie awesome bows like the ones you always tie!! Love the way you used your patterned papers and yes I need to buy that doily die! Favs besides all are that first pink gem bow and the last one coloured so beautifully! Thanks you are the hostess with the mostess!

Kara said...

beautiful cards Jeanne! thanks so much for such a beautiful springy kit!! I loved working with it and channeling your feminine style!

Sharron said...

Oh, Jeanne, I'm not sure I can express how much I have loved your kit. I rarely buy large flower print papers and these were the best ever--loved the colors and designs. And all your awesome die cuts make it so easy to create. I did try a bow but it didn't look very good so left it off so I agree with Tracey about you doing a video. Yours are always beautiful! My efforts to copy were very sad. :( LOVE every one of your cards! It was such fun to see how you combined papers & colors and what embellishments you chose to use. No favorites but I adored the one with the Monet quote and your last card with the colored rose--LOVE! I couldn't use mine without coloring it first and now can't wait! Thanks again for a great month!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

My goodness, Jeanne, each of these cards is a FEAST for the eyes, such beautiful work!!!

Lindsey said...

What a gorgeous kit you put together! I can't imagine the excitement the others felt as they opened their boxes. You cards are equally gorgeous!!! I had to go back and look at them more than once just to soak up the beauty of them all.

Nancy Penir said...

Jeanne, your kit is and will always be a highlight of my stamping life! I loved each and every perfectly presented present! Your lovely cards are a joyful ode to Spring flowers! Oh those dies! Remember, I am sneaking under your tree at Christmas to behold the packages!

JD/ Jill said...

Stunning cards! (and by the way I love PINK TOO!)

Joyce said...

Wow--what a bunch of absolutely gorgeous cards. I have to tell you that I absolutely adored this kit. I could not stop playing with it, and that is part of the reason my post was so late yesterday. And, now, looking at your cards, I feel like I am seeing how all the supplies are 'supposed' to be used. Every single creation of yours is bright, happy and beautiful. I love them all. They couldn't be more different than what I did with these goodies, and I love mine, too. Must be the enchanted kit.

Darnell said...

This kit is so YOU, Jeanne! Bright and clever and full of energy! I see you EVERYWHERE in Blogland and wonder if you sleep at all?!! These creations are stunning! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

The Paper Parade said...

You made so many this month! First of all, the coloring on the flower in the last one is perfect... stunning! I love the "mom" card, and the one with the ticket, those are my other two favorites this month :)