Thursday, April 10, 2014

Fusion #8 Hello!!

Hi friends!  I have some wonderful news to report!  I'm joining the Fusion Card Challenge Design Team!  I really love playing there and I'm delighted to have my projects featured along side all the wonderful designers featured there.  Have you played at Fusion yet?   Just as the name implies - it's the process of joining two separate things into one design.  The challenge provides you with two types of inspiration - a photo and a sketch.  You can work with whichever you prefer, or you can fuse the two together.

I'm inspired by what I see.  I took the swag of flowers on the back of the chair in the photo and made my own layered on to an oval doily.  I layered it all on a purple embossed background inspired by the tablecloths in the photo.   I added some lace trim, pearls and gems to give it the more formal look of the setting in the photo.   I thought the Hello sentiment would be a fun way to introduce myself! 

Need a little more inspiration?  Check out what the design team made for you today.  Just click on their names to jump to their blog. 
  
Betty J
Cathy Weber
Dannielle Robeson
Deepti
Julia Aston
Katie Brooks
Kelly Griglione
Kimberly Wiener
Lyndal Higgins
Lynn Mangan
Michelle Williams
Michelle Lupton
Sindhu


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a great day! 



Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Avery Elle Laurels
Card Stock:  SU!  Wisteria Wonder, PTI Vintage Cream
Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug Acanthus by Anna Griffin 
Dies:  Avery Elle Laurels, Marianne CR1204 Oval Doily
Ink:  Memento Angel Pink, Rosebud, Pear Tart, Bamboo Leaves, Hero Arts Passion Flower, Versafine Onyx Black
Border Punch Fiskars Scallop
Ribbon:  May Arts 1" White Lace, Ivory Trim
Pearls & Gems

18 comments:

Julia Aston said...

a big welcome to you Jeanne - to the Fusion DT! what an awesome inaugural card you created - love the doily die cut and wonderful spray of colorful florals!

Lesley said...

Your card is stunning, Jeanne! I love the flowers and those stunning colours together! So excited you have joined the FUSION team!!!
Hugs,
Lesley

Lyndal said...

Welcome to the team Jeanne :)
LOVE these gorgeous Avery Elle blooms!

Marybeth said...

Well...congratulations! Jeanne! Talk about lucky girl! Nothing to do with luck for you it's all about talent and you are loaded with it!
Love your pretty card!

Joyce said...

This gorgeous--love those flowers. And, congrats on joining Fusion.

Deepti said...

So glad to have you join in our team, your creativity is amazing :) love ur take on the Fusion. The colors n the layout are so stunning !!

The Hardy Stamper said...

Simply gorgeous!

Bajalizzy said...

that pink-pearl floral looks great with the prussian blue background - nice!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...congrats to you! So excited to see you beautiful face this morning on the Fusion site and your card is just as gorgeous!!! Love it and look forward to seeing so many more of your creations!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Welcome, welcome, welcome Jeanne!!
BIG HUGS!!! So glad to have you on board, and I look forward to your exciting vibrant creations! None of that, "this one is not like the others" at all! Your work is exciting and vibrant and inspiring! SO glad you are on my team.... I am shaking with excitement! YAY!

Tracey McNeely said...

Congratulations Jeanne!
You are going to be awesome!
Love this card, so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you!!! A beautiful card Jeanne :-)

Lisa Minckler said...

So happy for you and your card is beautiful Jeanne!! I've posted the challenge on my sidebar and really look forward to playing along with this and some of your other challenges. :)
hugs,
Lisa x

Marlena M. said...

Congratulations Jeanne~that's awesome! This is beautiful~gorgeous work~

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Sorry to be so slow to get around to comment. This is lovely! The texture is amazing! So glad you are on the DT with us at Fusion!!! :)

Betty said...

Really pretty card, Jeanne. Love your colors :-). (your Link on the Fusion page doesn't work)

Sharron said...

Missed your announcement--totally me being behind again--sorry! Congrats on this new DT! They are so lucky to have you on board. You will be fabulous! Beautiful card today--love all the wonderful details.

Michelle said...

Welcome to the Fusion DT, Jeanne!! It's so wonderful to have you along. :-) This card is gorgeous. I love all those pearls.