Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Color Throwdown 286 Birthday Bouquet

I have two posts today so if you are looking for my Serendipity Stamps Challenge post please scroll down.   I'm having another one of those "feelin' lucky" days.  I was asked to be the guest designer this month at Color Throwdown.  If you've been following me for any amount of time you will know that color challenges are always hard for me.   

 I'm the sort of person that tries to face my shortcomings head on so I usually don't let that get in my way.   Did I ever tell you I'm afraid of needles?  Every time I need blood drawn I wind up with bandages on both arms and sometimes my wrist too.   Back in the old days when I got married you were required to have a blood test.  They had such a hard time drawing blood from my arm that they suggested taking it from my neck.  I just looked at my now husband and said  "you know I love you, but I don't think this is going to work out!"  They finally got their required sample with one of those special needles a tube attached.    Maybe I'm a masochist  because I still attend blood drives, and no they still never get me on the first try.   Just sayin..   I'm no quitter.  

The colors your asked to use this week are Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, and Old Olive.  And here's what I came up with..
I stamped the flower bouquet in the three colors of the week and fussy cut the image.  I layered that on a pretty doily and lots of different pattern papers.  Something about striped twine that makes me happy so I thought it would make a cheery addition to my card.

Here's a list of all the design team members - just click on their names to hop to their blog.



Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you find some time to create today and play along with me!




Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.5 x 6.25
Stamps:  Avery Elle Thanks A Bunch
Dies:  Cheery Lynn Lilith Doily, Spellbinder Charmed I'm Sure, Poppy Ribbon Banners
Border Punch:  EK Success Double Embossed Dotted Lace
Button, Pearls
Pattern Paper:  October Afternoon Boarding Pass, Sidewalks
Twine:  Twinery Caribbean, Natural Solid
Ribbon:  5/8" Olive Grosgrain, 1/8" Olive Stripe Grosgrain
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Luxe Dandelion, Pistachio, Doodlebug Swimming Pool
Card Stock:  PTI Vintage  Cream, SU!  Pool Party

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love this combo of colors. So pretty! I love that doily and the pretty pearl centers.

I'm scared of needles too! Every time I have to get blood drawn it results in a panic attack!

Melody said...

This is just a beautiful card! Love the pretty flowers on the doily!

Marybeth said...

You are too funny and had me laughing out loud! I can just picture you doing and saying that!
You nailed this color challenge with this stunning card! Oh its so pretty! The ribbons , the papers and that pretty doily … love them all!
Congrats on your guest spot.

Tracey McNeely said...

Funny girl, congrats on the guest designer gig. Beautiful card, love the doily!

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne...you crack me up! I was laughing so hard while reading your post. And to still do blood drives, you are just the best! Your card is amazing and I would have never thought in a million years that you had issues with color challenges, this is just gorgeous!

Vickie Z said...

You did good ...great....wonderful!! Needles don't bother me (good thing since I'm a nurse) but, snakes and spiders.... Thxs for joining us this month!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, how pretty Jeanne. Love the gorgeous image and the twine. The doily looks lovely. Congrats on being our guest designer.

Wanda Cullen said...

Jeanne, your card is gorgeous!! Gotta love doilies and posies together! So happy to have you guesting with us and can't wait to see all your creations! You totally rocked the colors and it's only a matter of time before you'll be rocking the needles as well - lol!

Joan Ervin said...

Your card is sooo pretty with the sweet bouquet and the doily background...thanks for guesting with us this month!!! BTW...I don't like needles, either!!!

Kara said...

so bright and pretty!!

Sharron said...

I wouldn't like needles either if they had to keep sticking! So you're especially brave to do the blood drives. LOVE your Springy card! Great colors and I love the doily. Congrats on the Guest Designer spot!