Friday, April 18, 2014

The Card Concept #8 - Umbrella Weather

Happy Friday!  Do you have all your plans in place?  I faced the crowds and got my groceries for Easter Dinner.  I'm Polish so we'll be having traditional ham - of course there needs to be rye bread with caraway seeds, horseradish, and some pierogies too.   I'm thinking maybe cheesecake for dessert, but that's still up in the air.  I might cheat and send some one to Bakers Square for pies.   

I'm playing along at The Card Concept challenge today.  How cool is this inspiration photo?  I wanted to copy it exactly as is, but couldn't find too many umbrella dies in my stash.     I love the cool mix of patterns and colors on each panel - they just look so cheerful against that cloudy background.  I made my background by cutting a scalloped border on some white card stock.  Then I layered it on my card base and using a dauber I inked up the edges with distress ink. You just keep moving the template and inking for each stripe of clouds.   I die cut and stamped the umbrellas in a rainbow of colors and attached them with adhesive foam tape.
 I hope the weather is holding up for you and that the sun is shining wherever you are.  Maybe you got out of work a little early today?  Well Enjoy!!!  I hope you have a great day!












Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  WPlus9 Pretty Patches Umbrella
Dies:  WPlus9 Pretty Patches Umbrella
Ink:  Ranger Distress Tumbled Glass, Memento Tuxedo Black, Rose Bud, Angel Pink, Tangelo, Morocco, Grape Jelly, Lulu Lavender, Dandelion, Danube Blue, Summer Sky, Love Letter, Cantaloupe

12 comments:

The Hardy Stamper said...

This is lovely! I don't have any umberella dies, but it's a great idea! Enjoy your Easter dinner :)

Lesley said...

Wow, Jeanne! What a great interpretation of the challenge and I love how sunny and fun this card is!!! Ah! The irony!!! Sunshiny umbrellas make me happy!!!
Hugs,
Lesley

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Jeanne, I love your clouds! Thank you for joining us at the Card Concept!

Kay Miller said...

Oh gosh how adorable are all those umbrellas!! I love the bright colors too! Beautiful work! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept! :)

Karen M said...

Gorgeous card - I love all those cute umbrellas:) xx

Cathy Weber said...

I just know you are going to be a winner again this week Jeanne...your card is cute and SO much like the inspiration photo! You nailed the happy feel of the photo perfectly. I LOVE this card...it is so happy with those soft clouds and bright colored umbrellas!

Marybeth said...

Oh Jeanne ....sounds like a dinner my mom would make right down to the rye read with seeds all of it! Us Polish girls have to stick together:)
Love this sweet card.....!
Happy Easter!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Love it! This card makes me smile as do all of those fabulous umbrella's! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Kerin said...

I love your assortment of colorful umbrellas, and your clouds are perfection! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

Nancy Penir said...

Simply lovely, Jeanne. Beautiful cloudy bg with bright happy umbrellas!
We do the lamb ka-baobs (Armenian style), with all the ethnic side dishes for a huge family dinner. Love to hear about those who keep traditions! Hope your
Easter was blessed, cheesecake or pies!

Deepti said...

This is so pretty :) Love the amazing cloudy sky u created :)

Jen W. said...

Ack! Those little stitched umbrellas are adorable! And your clouds look fantastic!