Thursday, April 17, 2014

Color Throwdown #288 - Happy Birthday

Hi and thanks for stopping by!   I survived my dental work yesterday and am glad to be back among the living.  I spent yesterday popping pain pills and snoozing.  It's my sorry excuse for not having this post up sooner.  I'm the guestie this month at Color Throwdown and am so happy to be playing along.  The colors this week are Gumball Green, Melon Mambo, and Basic Gray.  If you don't have those Stampin Up! colors you can use similar colors.  


I hope you will give the Color Throwdown  challenge a try!   I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for this color scheme.   If you need a little more inspiration check out the beautiful projects their regular design team came up with. They're amazing!  You can get all the details and link up your project here at Color Throwdown!  Have a beautiful day!












Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  PTI Sweet Life, Stylish Sentiments
Border Punch:  EK Success Double Embossed Dotted Lace
Card Stock:  SU! Basic Grey, Melon Mambo, Vintage Cream
Pattern Paper:  Simple Stories Vintage Bliss
Dies:  PTI Sweet Life, Paper Smooches Flag Tags
Ink:  SU!  Basic Grey, Gumball Green, Melon Mambo, Garden Green, Pretty IN Pink, Strawberry Slush
Sequins, Button
Twinery Pink Sorbet Twine

13 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Such a beautiful card, very elegant. Your roses are absolutely gorgeous and I do like the touch of bling with the sequins.

Glad you're recovering from the dentist!

Barbara said...

Very pretty, Jeanne! Love the vibrancy of those roses! Gorgeous creation!

Renee said...

Well...I'm glad you survived the dentist and are feeling better...
especially with a gorgeous card like this...
love it ! :)

Sharron said...

Wow, gorgeous roses! That color works beautifully. Love the gray woodgrain and the subtle text background. Are you all through with your dental work for now? Not fun so I'm hope it's all done. Feel better soon!!

Joan Ervin said...

Oh my, Jeanne...your flowers are sooo pretty...they just pop off the screen!!! Love the wood paneled background and the banner sentiment, too!!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! LOVE those vibrant roses!

Michelle said...

What a stunning card, Jeanne! Your roses are PERFECT. I'm glad you survived the dentist, it's never nice to have work done on your teeth! :-)

Lindsey said...

Oh, my! This is absolutely beautiful!!!

Melody said...

This is so pretty! I just love the layout and those pretty flowers!

Marybeth said...

OMGosh this is a cover card! Love it! It's perfect!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, this is stunning! Love how that hot pink just pops against the gray woodgrain BG! Hope your dental pain is all behind you by now.

Diane Jaquay said...

Those are my favorite roses, and your card is simply fabulous!!

AB. said...

WOW - such a beautiful card. Those flowers are simply gorgeous and I love the backdrop of the hardwood. LOVE! :)