Wednesday, April 30, 2014

CTD#290 - Thanks A Bunch!


Oh it's going to be a wonderful day folks!  I have three posts today so you better take some time and look around!!  LOL!!!   There's a Waltzingmouse new release, the 12 Kits of Occassions that I'm hosting as well as this post for The Color Throwdown.    This is my last week as guest designer for the Color Throwdown Challenge.  I am so thankful that I was given the opportunity to shine in the spot light all month.  I had a great time and made some new friends.  Have you played there yet? You should check them out!!      I'm not the best at color challenges but I really got in the swing of things now that I've reached the end of the month.                                                                                                                                                                 
Here's the color swatch for this week.   My first thought when I saw this was RETRO - and those stacked baking dishes totally had me thinking Mom or something with the kitchen.  In the end I put the coral and banana next to each other and I saw some flowers with some Caribbean  accents.  This one came together really easy - and I'm really happy with how it turned out.  It seems so light and airy even with the dark black matted sentiment in the center.  


Need a little more inspiration to get you kick started?  Check out projects from the rest of the design team!


Now it's your turn!  I hope I see you at The Color Throwdown!



Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Avery Elle Petals & Stems, All Squared Up
Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug Anna Griffin Poppy
Dies:  Spellbinder Circles, Big Scalloped Circles, Cheery Lynn Priscilla Doily, Avery Elle Petals & Stems
Card Stock:  PTI True Black, White, Aqua Mist
Pin:  Wild Orchid Crafts, Pearls Doodlebug, Wood Butterfly Studio Calico
Ink"  Impress Fresh Ink Provincial Gray, Pool, Tomato Red, Chamomile, Versafine Onyx Black

6 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

Wow...LOVE that dark mat. It makes the entire card pop! Love the caribbean colors and I am embarrassed to say I think I had a set of those dishes!

Vickie Z said...

The black sentiment is perfect with all the color!! Sad to see you go girl...so glad you joined us!! You ARE the queen of color!!

Lori said...

This is so fun and cheery! Love the mix of flowers arranged around the doily. Thanks so much for being our guest this month at the Color Throwdown!

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE your balance of the colors in this gorgeous card! I've loved getting introduced to your blog and hope to continue to see your wonderful creativity in our gallery!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a beautiful card Jeanne. Love the pretty flowers and the way you used the colors. The doily looks wonderful.

Barbara said...

Whoa! This is gorgeous!! Love those bold pops of color!