Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Card Concept #7 - Spring Butterfly

Hello and thanks for stopping by!    I hope your doing good!!  I went to the dentist again this afternoon.  People are going to start whispering about us soon because I've been there so often!   No good news.. lots more dental work in my future.    I hate that!!  I'm going to try to think positive and just keep looking forward.    

The best way I know to work through things that are bothering me?   Get crafty!  Today I'm playing along at The Card Concept and holy cow!  you wouldn't believe how many projects are already linked up for this one.   It must be the beautiful monarch butterfly in the inspiration photo that has everyone to excited!  

I tried to pick up on all the pretty color on the butterfly wings.   I used a cover up die cut in black and let some rich orange peek through and added accents to match the other colors.  Another plus?  I got to use a set of stamps that haven't been inked yet!

 Enjoy your day and keep smiling! 











Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Lil Inker Designs Spring Sentiments
Dies:  Lil Inker Designs Stitched Butterflies, Flag & Tags, Anytime Tags, Swirls Cover Up Die
Twinery Twine Honeydew
Button
Card  Stock: PTI True Black, Terracotta Tile, Orange Zest, Simply Chartreuse, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, White, SU! Tempting Turquoise, Crushed Curry
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black

9 comments:

Joyce said...

I absolutely love this. It's got so much going on, and yet looks so clean. Is it the colors or the die cuts? Who knows, but this is just so pretty. I've been meaning to get to this challenge with my lil inker butterflies, but no luck just yet. Hang in there--I hope you dentist is a nice person.

Ardyth said...

You have shown these products to their absolute total benefit - This is so fresh and bold and exciting! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card concept!

The Hardy Stamper said...

This is very cheerful Jeanne! The 'Lil Inker stitched dies look really useful too.

cm said...

Oh my! I'm swooning over your card, especially the butterfly (as I'm obsessed with butterfly dies/stamps!). Magic happening here with every detail! Wow, wow and wow!!
c

Kerin said...

WOW! The butterfly is fabulous, but what I really love is the sentiment!! I wish Spring would say let's party a little more around my area right now! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

Sharron said...

Wonderful idea to use the butterfly's colors as inspiration. The swirly background is perfect. And the green & white on your tag definitely reminds me of Spring. Love the pretty blue butterfly!

Kay Miller said...

What a gorgeous card!!! The colors are just beautiful and those stitched butterflies are sooooo cute!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept! :)

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Jeanne, you never cease to amaze me with your vivid, bold artwork. This is just gorgeous. LOVE the background. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Card Concept this week!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Just beautiful! I love how you've combined all of those gorgeous colours together and made them look perfect! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!