Thursday, April 17, 2014

CSC#187 Birthday Celebration!

Happy Thursday!  I love saying that because it reminds me how close we are to the weekend.  My favorite days of the week!  We put work and school to the side and focus on family.  Everyone is running around too much lately.  Thursday also means a new challenge is beginning at CASE Study!  Our muse this month is  Jaclyn Miller of Designs by JAX.   
Check out this neat design we get to CASE this time.  I saw all the shiny, sparkly sequins in the vellum bag topped with die cuts and it was love at first sight.  Did I ever tell you I'm just a sucker for a shaker card?    That was my first thought when I saw this, but then I got to thinking about the envelope and putting a die cut on top of it and wound up filling a cellophane bag with some little sparklers of my own.  Don't they just scream PARTY!!!  So that is how this turned into a birthday card.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!


Now it's your turn!   Need a little more inspiration?  Check out how the design team put their own spin on this one.  Just click on their names to jump to their blog.  Our special guestie this month is  Catherine Pooler from Basics and Beyond blog.

Chupa - Iwona Palamountain
Amy Wanford
Debbie Hughes
Tasnim Ahmed 
Maureen Merritt 
Silke Ledlow

If you love CASE Study and are interested in joining the design team you need to go check out the DT Call Out!  We're going to be adding 2-3 new teamies!  

Have a great day!  I'll see you at CASE Study Challenge Blog!

 








Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  W+9 More Fresh Cuts
Dies:  W+9 Seasonal Sentiments "JOY", Paper Smooches Flag Tags, Cheery Lynn Priscilla
Pattern Paper:  American Crafts 
Card Stock:  PTI White, Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shores
Kraft Bag:  Celebrate It!
Border Punch:  EK Success Double Embossed Dotted  Lace
Cellophane Bag:  Darice (Joann)
Sequins:  Neat & Tangled, Stars Darice (Joann)
1/4" Glitter Ribbon
Mini Clothes Pin
Red Fine Glitter 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello! Just discovered your blog and have peeked at your previous posts.
I enjoy your eye for color and design! BTW this card is so much fun.

Sharron said...

Looks like a party to me too! Great colors and wonderful polka dots plus some sparkles and glitter--can't get better than that!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I want a birthday card like this!

Diane Jaquay said...

Jeanne, this is like a party on a card!!! I mean seriously, who wouldn't love to receive a gift like this; FABULOUS!