Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Color Throwdown #287 - Easter Greetings!

Happy Wednesday!   We're getting closer to the weekend!  I don't know about you but I'm absolutely ready for that!!    I'm so lucky to be the guest designer this month at Color Throwdown!   Have you played there yet?  There is a new challenge every week.  You can make a project with any theme - just stick with the colors provided.  You can substitute the Stampin' Up! colors for similar colors and add in any neutrals you like.   I'm glad they have an inspiration photo along side  the color palate to give me a little extra inspiration.  I'm more of a visual crafter and I like to try to mimic the things I see in the photos.  So when I saw this fluted cake stand holding a nest I knew I was going to recreate it.  I stamped some eggs in the palate colors, and fashioned a little nest of my own.  I just made an oval shape, embossed it to add some texture and cut a line through it  to form a pocket to hold the eggs.  The cake stand reminded me of a doily, and I used a neutral brown background  to pick up the wood table the stand is sitting on in the photo.   How's that for a peek into my mind?


Need a little more inspiration?  The design team has lots of beautiful projects made sure to inspire in all different styles from CAS to Fussy!



I'm looking forward to seeing what you make. You can link it up here at Color Throwdown. Have a great day!




Supplies Used:  Finished Size 6.25 x 4.5"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Stamps Nestie Eggs
Dies:  Cheery French Pastry, Spellbinder Nested Eggs, Nested Pennants, Poppystamps Serene Bird
Pattern Paper:  Graphic 45 Botanical Tea Collection "Birds of A Feather" , "Fauna" 12 x 12"
Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug Cane back Chair
Ribbon:  5/8" Mint Grosgrain, Ivory Button Twine May Arts
Button, Pearl
Card Stock:  PTI Kraft, White, Aqua Mist
Ink:  PTI Lemon Tart, W+9 Lake House, Avery Elle Mint TO Be, Versafine Onyx Black
Wood Flower:  Little Yellow Bicycle

15 comments:

cm said...

Congrats on your GD role, and wow, what a beautiful card you've created to showcase the throwdown colours! The layers, patterns, images and scene you've created are such a lovely combination! Wonderful!!
c

The Hardy Stamper said...

This is lovely Jeanne - those spotty eggs look great! I really like the Botanical Tea G45 papers too.

Joan Ervin said...

What a gorgeous Easter card, Jeanne...WOW!!! The papers are sooo pretty and I just love the bird, eggs, and nest dies layered over the doily!!

Julia Aston said...

Wow - love that birds nest with the pretty eggs and momma bird Jeanne - the loops of twine add a great look!

Jutta said...

I love how you have used the blue in various layers. Beautiful card!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous!! Love your bird and nestled eggs!! Embossing on the nest is perfect!! So glad you're playing this month!!

Bajalizzy said...

love that bird! Super Easter card.

Sharron said...

Gorgeous papers, Jeanne! Love your clever nest design and of course, that pretty bird!

Wanda Cullen said...

This is such a beautiful and clever take on not just the colors, but the inspiration photo as well! Love the nest of eggs!

Kim Heggins said...

Just amazing...I love your sweet bird and that nest is perfect with those sweet eggs. The perfect card for Easter.

Maria said...

Congrats on your GD assignment! Love this gorgeous card with bird, eggs and nest! Fab collections of dp and design...well done!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, how pretty Joanne. Love the bird and the sweet nest. The eggs are so cute! Congrats on the GD gig! So glad you played along with us.

Broni said...

What an awesome card! I love all the great texture and details! I'm so glad you're joining us as Guest Designer this month!

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a fantastic design! LOVE the eggs, love the nest, love the doily behind it all... beautiful card!

Jill Norwood said...

Love your card! Great nest my dear! And gorgeous background and take on the inspiration!