Thursday, May 1, 2014

Paper Sweeties May Inspiration Challenge #18 Cupcakes & Sprinkles

I'm having another day with lots of new stuff and - yep!  three posts!  So I hope you stick around a bit!  A new challenge begins today at Paper Sweeties. This one is close to my heart because even though I'm no longer on the current DT for Paper Sweeties I still get to come back and play with my friends. All the DT alumni are always invited and it's a great chance for me to "catch up" and see what they've been up to!



Here's the inspiration photo for this time. What a great challenge to use some of the latest stamps that feature cup cakes and other sweets. I went back to a few older sets for mine.  The tea party themed sets are some of my all time favorites.  I dressed up Abigail with a paper pieced dress.  I added lots of little embellishments too, some 1/4" satin ribbon for her sash, flower sequins (that I've only seen at Paper Sweeties), and a paper rose on her hat.   That berry cake she's holding looks scrumptious too!   The details really go a long way
when you're working with these sweet doll images.

Ready to see more Paper Sweeties designs from the design team old and new?  Just click on their names here.
  Jeanne Jachna  (That's Me!)
May Guest Designer:  Mynnette Kitchen

Now it's your turn.  You can link up your Paper Sweeties designs here and who knows?  You might just win some new stamps!  Have a great day!!













Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.5 x 6.25"
Stamps:  Paper Sweeties Jelly Bean Time, I'm Having A Tea Party, Enjoy Your Day, Abigail
Pattern Paper:  Crate Paper Party Day & Maggie Holmes 6x6"
Card Stock:  PTI Hibiscus Burst, White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers
Dies:  Spellbinder Labels 17, Nested Lacey Pennants
Misc.:  Button,  Gems
Sequin:  Paper Sweeties
Ribbon 1/4" Fuchsia Ric Rac, 5/8" Sheer Ruffle Edge Pink, Ivory Button Twine May Arts, 1/4" Emerald Satin Offray

9 comments:

Mynn xx said...

Super duper darling!!! LOVE the fun scene you created! :) HUGS! Mynn xx

Maria said...

What a darling card with Abigail dressed so lovely in her outfit! And, a sweet table of treats! Great design and color...well done!

Annette Allen said...

awwww so totally sweet.. I love it

Kristi said...

Totally adorable, Jeanne!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh gosh this is cute!! Love the papers you used!

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

Awe. That is so sweet. I love all the details like the flower on Abigail's hat. Great card.

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh...sooooo cute!

Kim Heggins said...

Cute, cute, cute! As always your card is just so stinkin' sweet. I love your coloring and all your fabulous details, just too cute.

~Tammy~ said...

This is precious as can be, and I love the papers you used! Another perfect design from you!