Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge 7 Sketch

SO much running around to do lately.  I just got home from some quick grocery shopping to find my neighbor's house covered with trucks and the front lawn all dug up - so guess what?  No water here!  Yep!  a broken water main.  I guess it's been a bad month for me with utilities, earlier in the month no phone and internet now this!  I'm going to see if I can get some mileage out of it and see if DH wants to go out for dinner.   At least there is no clothes washing today!!   Yes.. always have to find the bright side don't we?


I made this card last night hoping to get it posted in time for the Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge Blog.  The ladies there have always been so nice to me I try to play there whenever I can.  I love Waltzingmouse stamps and the sketch is really clean and simple this time so I'm in!!  The sentiment from Compliments of the Season Two seems like it was just made for this one!    There are loads of layers here too but it still looks so clean and simple.   I even managed to sneak a little bling in - these shiny flower shaped buttons that look like hard candy that I picked up at Joann's this week at half off!  Yes!  I am a bargain hunter!
Thanks for stopping by for a peek!  I hope you find a little time to craft after your busy day - it's a great way to relax!

Hugs!


Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Stamps Compliments of the Season
Pattern Paper:  October Afternoon Silent Night 8x8"
Card Stock:  PTI Pure Poppy, Vintage Cream
1/4" Corner Chomper - We R Memory Keepers
Ink:  Memento Luxe Love Letter
DIes:  Spellbinder Petite Ovals, Narrow Beveled Ovals
Ribbon:  1" Red Velvet (Hobby Lobby)
Red Buttons (Joann)
Gems

4 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love this monochromatic merriment of a card!!!!

Deborah Frings said...

Really like all the shades of red and the texture in the velvet ribbon! Great take on the sketch. So glad you joined us at Waltzingmouse Fanatics this week!!

~Tammy~ said...

I love the papers and of course the image! Such a beautiful and festive card!

Oh my you are having a rough go of it! That really stinks! Hopefully it got repaired soon and you got that dinner.

Tara Cardwell said...

That is just stunning! That die has to go on my wish list - such a pretty shape. Great monochromatic take on the sketch.
Thanks for joining the Fanatics - hope you'll be back to play again soon.
Tara
x