Thursday, December 5, 2013

W+9MMB24 - Be Good!

Santa Claus is coming to town so you Better BE GOOD!  This month is flying by for me.  The house is just about decorated for the holidays - now to put away all the ornament boxes and sweep up all the pine needles.  It makes me sad to think I will be doing the same thing in about a month from now!  I've been drooling over all the new releases at WPlus9 and it got me thinking that I haven't played the Monday Mood Board in a while.  Here's the inspiration pic and I'll warn you - there's not much time left!!  I focused on the colors in the photo - lots of red and neutrals. I added the gem last minute to add a little bling - maybe for the shiny scissors?  
I'm addicted to October Afternoon paper and usually stock up on them.  Their paper has such a nostalgic feel.    I saw the "Santa's List" paper that made me reach for the Iconic Christmas set.   I was trying to give this a "whimsical" feel so I added the ric rac.  Something about it always makes me smile.   I think it's a throw back to my childhood when it was so popular.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!

Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  WPlus9 Iconic Christmas, Very Vintage Greetings
Pattern Paper:  October Afternoon Holiday Style 8x8"
Card Stock:  PTI vintage Cream, Pure Poppy
Border Punch:  EK Success Dotted Scallop
Ribbon:  Red 1/2" Ric Rac Red : Ribbon Trends
Dies:  W+9 Iconic Christmas, Label Layers 3
Ink:  SU! Real Red, Versafine Onyx Black
Gem:  Jolee's Boutique 

3 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

There are so many cute little details on this Jeanne...the retro patterned paper and the photo tab corners...that neat sparkly gem and even the tiny red scalloped trim. Love the Santa checking his list!

Kristi said...

So cute and sweet! I like the retro feel to it. It reminds me of my childhood,too. I had dresses with tons of ric rac!

Sharron said...

So sweet! Love the retro paper and the bit of ric rac!