Tuesday, December 3, 2013

SSCB#25 - Shaped Card

A new challenge begins today at the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog.  This time you're asked to make a shaped card.  It can follow any theme - but you must include at least one Serendipity Stamps image.  You can play to win a $20 discount off your next order.  Everyone is always a winner though because every new challenge there is also a sale!  This time it's Buy 3, Get a 4th item free.   Good 12/4 through 12/11.  

I love a shaped card - they always look so impressive and most of the time they really aren't more work.   I wanted to make a "snow globe" shaped card with these three cute pengins inside.  I played around with it a lot and kept revising until I was totally satisfied with it.  I layered the penguins heads so they are dimensional and pop off the page.
My first version of the card has a clean circle edge.  I didn't think it had enough "wow" factor so I added a scalloped edge. Here's my final version.
Looking for a little more inspiration, or just want to see some cool shaped cards?  Here's a list of the DT members with projects to share today.  Just click on their names to hop to their blog!


Have a great day!


Supplies Used:   Finished Size 4.25 x 4.5"
Stamps:  Serendipity Merry Christmas Casual Small, Penguins
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Copic Markers, Memento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock:  SU! Bashful Blue, PTI White, Pure Poppy
Dies:  Standard Circles, Classic Scalloped Circles
Button, Gems, Coarse Glitter: Martha Stewart
Ivory Button Twine May Arts 

10 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

CUTE!!!!!

Nancy Guse said...

Jeanne your penguins are SO cute, I love their little heads and scarves popped up! The scalloped boarder does add the finishing touch, beautiful!

Marybeth said...

Cute,cute,and more cute! Love the snow globe shape! The penguins are adorable!

Vickie Z said...

Those penguins are adorable!! Love the snow globe!! I "flunked" the shaped card....wanted to color the poinsettias and when I was done realized I only had one die that was large enough....

Jenny Gropp said...

Very Clever!!! This is super cute and I may have to borrow this snow globe idea! Adorable!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is so cute, Jeanne! Your little pengies are adorable. Love the colors.

Joyce said...

What a cute snow globe you made. I love it, and I can just imagine what those penguins are singing.

Karen Amidon said...

Yep, cutie patootie! Those little guys look like they are having too much fun! Love how you raised their heads and scarfs, nice detail! Both versions are wonderful...

Lindsey said...

Oh, I love shape cards and this one is the cutest!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is perfectly precious, my dear! Those dimensional penguins really steal the show!