Friday, December 20, 2013

Tuesday Throwdown - What Christmas Means to Me

I wanted to play along with the Tuesday Throwdown challenge this week - and when I saw the theme "What Christmas Means to You" it got me thinking...  What do I love best about Christmas? I love the sparkly lights, the magic in the air, the smile on a child's face, Christmas Cookies, Poinsettias, Mistletoe.. well I just about love it all!   This card represents all the things I LOVE about Christmas.
But what Christmas really "means" to me?  It means anticipating the birth of Christ.
I wish you all the best Christmas filled with the things you love, and blessings in the coming year.

Noel  Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Vintage Garden Seed Packet, Compliments of the Season 2
Card Stock:  PTI  Pure Poppy Vintage Cream
Pattern Paper:  Pink Paislee City Sidewalks 8x8"
Ribbon:  5/8" Red Stripe Organic Cotton May Arts
Dies:  Spellbinder Nested Pennants, Classic Rectangles, Cheery Lynn French Pastry
Pin:  Ribbon Reel
Ink:  SU! Real Red
Poinsettias - Gardenias WIld Orchid Crafts

Savior  Supplies Used:  FInished SIze 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Serendipity Stamps Bethlehem, For Unto You
Card Stock:  PTI White, Enchanted Evening
Ink:  Versafine Majestic Blue

6 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Two fabulous cards and those flowers re gorgeous!

kReN said...

What a gorgeous card! I know I miss the sparkly lights when it's time to take Christmas down. Thanks for joining us at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge this week!

kReN, TTDT
http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

Cathy Weber said...

These are both so good...and so different! I love your typical "fussy" card with the gorgeous flowers, patterned paper and ribbon bow, and can't forget the doily and stick pin! The CAS blue card is truly a beautiful card as well as sentiment.

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely perfect, Jeanne! Really love the simplicity of the second, and those big blooms, on the first, are delish! So pretty!

Peanut said...

Oh my! Love both the cards, Jeanne. Fabulous colours and very festive. The message on the second card is just PERFECT. Thanks for playing along and I hope you had a lovely Christmas.
Asha - Tuesday Throwdown DT
Sunny Summer Crafts

JJ Bolton said...

You make the most beautiful Christmas cards! The bold red card is just gorgeous! And of course, the second is exactly what Christmas is all about:) Hugs!