Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Paper Smooches Sparks - Snowflake Greetings

YAY!!  The water is back on!  We had a water main break next door yesterday.  You never realize how much you miss something until you don't have it!  Binkers and I did just fine with some bottled water for her, and to make tea with for me.   The temperature is  unusually low for this time of year -  so I know the guys were glad to finish the job that and get back home!  My neighbor will have to wait to repair his lawn til spring.   There is snow in the forecast so maybe he won't have to look at his torn up front yard for long - it will be buried!

Are you playing along this week at the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge Blog?  This week is a picture perfect challenge.   Look at this beautiful photo of red and white glass ornaments hanging from red ribbons.   I was inspired by the color  and the contrast of the red on white.   I replaced the ornaments with  a sprinkling of red snowflakes with gem centers.  The bottom edge was border punched with a simple scallop pattern so the red card stock matt underneath could peek out.   
Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you are having a great day and all your holiday plans are coming together nicely!


Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Paper Smooches Fresh Snow
Ink:  Memento Luxe Love Letter, Versafine Onyx Black
Card Stock:  PTI White, Pure Poppy
Border Punch:  Fiskars Scallop
Heart Gems:  Recollections

7 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

I have got to get some Paper Smooches! I really want to play along with this challenge...love your combination of different snowflakes...I love the one that is made from hearts...and that you added little red heart gems to the middle! It makes me realize we are almost done with Christmas cards and moving on to Valentines!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this Jeanne!

Wida said...

I am happiest seeing you use red :) you make me wish I would have gotten this stamp set, looks pretty here, I had trouble seeing it's beauty in a photo

Deborah Frings said...

What wonderful snowflakes! Love the sweet little heart gems in the centres! Love the classic colours too!

So pleased you have water again - I can't imagine being without! x

Joyce said...

EEK--You've gone CAS on me. I love this, and it is perfect for the inspiration photo. So sorry to hear about your water main. Well, at least you escaped laundry for a day, right?

Kim Heggins said...

This is so pretty and so fun! I love these snowflakes and your take on the PS challenge, too darn cute. Good luck with your water too, no fun I am sure.

Taheerah said...

Love your beautiful red snowflakes - the gems are a perfect finishing touch! Thanks so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!