Monday, December 2, 2013

Guest Designing for Crafty Secrets

Great news!  I'm the guest designer this month at Crafty Secrets.    Before I started blogging I bought most of my supplies at the local craft stores and found my first Crafty Secrets stamps.  I was drawn in by their vintage images and unique designs.  Recently I rediscovered them and found that most of their designs are digital. I am guessing that most of you are like me and have only dabbled a little with digital designs.   You can purchase single images of  Crafty Secrets designs or entire discs.  The discs are really amazing - everything you need to create a card is at your fingertips - digital paper, sentiments, embellishments, frames - it's all there.  There are even 3-D projects on the disc for gift boxes/bags and place cards for your holiday dinner table. 

 If you have an electronic cutter - I used the Silhouette Cameo - the designs are easy to import to your library and manipulate. You can also use other software that will allow you to manipulate photo files like Photoshop.   I have to say it was really nice to have everything perfectly coordinated in one place.  The pattern paper and all the images are made to work together - you just print what you need, die cut and assemble.   The hardest part for me was deciding what size to print the images.  I saved the extras I printed up that were too big or too small for other projects. 
Every  Monday this month I'll have some Crafty Secrets goodness to show you.   Here's a list of the ladies that do it every week all year round - the Crafty Secrets design team.  I hope you will see what they've been up to - some shabby chic goodness is awaiting you here!


Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!


Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  4.5 x 6.25"
Designs by Crafty Secrets "Vintage Christmas" CD Collection
Dies:  Memory Box Findlay Fame
Stickles Picket Fence
Border Punch EK Success Double Embossed Dotted Lace
Gem:  Swarovski Jolees
Pearl Spray Hobby Lobby
Roses: Iamroses.com
Ivory Button Thread, 5/8" Organic Cotton Stripes 5/8" Red Mesh May Arts, 1" White Lace Decorative Trim (Hobby Lobby)

10 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

Oh I love Crafty Secrets! They were some of the first images I bought too outside of SU! This is gorgeous and big congrats on your GD position. Lucky lucky girl!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Hi, Jeanne! So glad you are guest designing with Crafty Secrets all this month. Your card is absolutely stunning! I love the way you used the background images and created that bright red frame for Santa. The lace is the perfect touch.

Jill Norwood said...

Jeanne so happy to see you GD with Craft Secrets! Sandy is such a sweet lady! And her design team always makes the prettiest things! Your card is GORGEOUS! I love all the sweet touches as always my dear! Looking forward to seeing your posts this month! Congrats!

Maria said...

Oh, I do love Crafty Secrets, too! And, big congrats on being guest designer this month! Your card is stunning! Love how your framed santa with all the red! Truly, a lovely Christmas card!

Marybeth said...

Wow, I love the vintage look of this one. Love the lace, that pretty jewel and the frosty roses. Gorgeous card Jeanne. Congrats on your GD spot!

cjgusloff57 said...

Love this Santa card. I have the stamp set that has this Santa and made Christmas cards with it a couple of years ago.

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne...you are quite the busy lady! Love your card and that vintage Santa is so sweet and adorable, just like your card.

Sheila Rumney said...

Love all the details in your beautiful card.

Elizabeth said...

Welcome to the DT at Crafty Secrets Jeanne. We'll all enjoy your creations this month. Some lucky friend is sure to be thrilled opening this beautiful vintage inspired card.
Cheers, Elizabeth Lincoln

Cammie said...

Love the vintage elegance of this stunning card!