Saturday, December 28, 2013

Comfort and Joy to You!

I hope everybody had a great holiday and got loads of their favorite things!  I'm not so anxious to roll away all the decorations - I'll be leaving them out longer than most people I expect, and  probably asking my husband to take the tree down for Valentines Day!  That's a running joke in our house because one year it actually was up that long!!

Today it's my turn to post at the Poppystamps blog.   I made a CAS card to wish you comfort and joy in the coming year!
I added some glossy accents topped with a dusting of glitter to add a snowy effect.

Happy New Year friends!


Supplies Used:  Finished Size: 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Poppystamps Pine Branch, Comfort and Joy
Border Punch: Zig Zag Stitch EK Success
Glitter
Glossy Accents
Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa
Button
Ribbon:  3/8" Velvet Woven Parrot Green, Natural Button Twine May Arts
Card Stock PTI Vintage Cream, SU! Gumball Green

11 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

This is simply beautiful! I love the branch! Perfect for a CAS design such as this!

Lisa Minckler said...

oh my word...clean and simple and ever so elegant! The way you've presented them is sensational Jeanne. I love love love the look of that soft fuzzy velvet ribbon.
Happy New Year to you too!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne this is so pretty!

Cathy Weber said...

You know what I love about this card Jeanne...that you put the branch right in the center of the card! I don't know why, but I always feel like I have to have the branch coming from the edge instead of making it the center of the show like you did. That's what I will be doing from now on...love all the sparkle and glitter and you are starting to do CAS a lot! Look how you have evolved!

Diana Seal said...

Gorgeous! Love the simple but Oh so elegant look with the right amount of sparkle!!!
So glad I found your blog!
Have a Happy New Year!
Diana

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne, this is simply stunning! I have to agree with Cathy, not sure why but I do love the look of that branch in the middle of your card, such a beautiful design. Love the details you added to your pine cones too, they look like you brought them in from the snow. Just beautiful! Happy New Year to you and your family!

Bajalizzy said...

what a lovely image and your execution is great

Darnell said...

When you do CAS, Jeanne, you do a spectacular job of it!! I love this to pieces and back!! I wish you comfort and joy, too! Happy New Year hugs! Darnell

The Hardy Stamper said...

Another beautiful card Jeanne! I love the frosted pinecones and the velvet ribbon co-ordinates really well too.

Marybeth said...

Love this simple branch of pinecones.....and glittered snow. It's beautiful ...CAS!
I leave my decorations until the Epiphany. I do put a few things away before then slowly.

Marybeth said...

Not sure if I lost my comment . Love this beautiful pinecones branch with glittered snow. Like everyone else love the branch smack in the middle!