Thursday, December 19, 2013

CSC#171 - Embossed Bird

It's Thursday!  That means a new challenge at CASE Study!  All this month we are honoring Cath Edvalson with Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger Inspiration photos.   Check out the inspiration photo for this week!    I got lots of ideas when I saw this one!  Lots of color, some zentangle, the birdie of course, and yes that clean background!    I don't know if you will think this is crazy or crazy good.  


I saw this embossing folder and had to have it!  The beautiful bird surrounded by flowers.  I never used it because I thought it was too pretty to cover up!  So.. how to use it and not layer a single thing on it?  I decided to color the raised images and let them do all the talking.  I had to do lots of playing around to keep it as clean as possible and tried lots of different media.  What I settled on in the end was these paper stumps that I purchased for a different idea.  They are made of paper so they are firm but still have a little give.  I just touched them to my ink pad and then carefully rubbed them over the raised embossing.  To get a new point on the end and change color you rub the stump over some sand paper - like a pencil sharpener.
Want to see what the rest of the design team came up with for this challenge?  Just click on the names below to jump to their blogs!

Chupa - Iwona Palamountain
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Clare Buswell
Debbie Hughes
Maureen Plut
Tasnim Ahmed 
Maureen Merritt
Silke Ledlow

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll come play if you have some crafty time!  Have a great Day


Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  4.25 x 5.5"
Stamp:  Waltzingmouse Say it With Style
Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug Anna Griffin Aviary
Paper Stumps
Distress Ink:  Worn Lipstick, Barn Door, Scattered Straw, Tumbled Glass, Spiced Marmalade, Broken China, Peeled Paint, Crushed Olive
Card Stock:  PTI White, Vellum

10 comments:

anya said...

Crazy good! This is gorgeous!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous Jeanne, I recognize that sweet bird!

Lisa Minckler said...

Oh Jeanne, that paper stump idea is fantastic! What a really terrific way to apply ink to the surface area and your take for the inspiration is perfect!!

The Hardy Stamper said...

Simply beautiful Jeanne!

Kara said...

beaaautiful Jeanne!

Peanut said...

WOW, Jeanne! This is super stunning, my friend! The colours so so vibrant and lush! Love it! Have a very happy Christmas!
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

wienerhoneymooners said...

Crazy gorgeous!!!!!!!

Sharron said...

What a fabulous technique! Love the beautiful, rich colors--so gorgeous!

Joyce said...

This is gorgeous, and so beautifully colored.

Julia Aston said...

Oh my goodness Jeanne! I can't believe your inked each of those sections! what a labor of love - and what a wonderful result!