Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge - Happy New Year!

I hope you are getting ready to party tonight.  As I look out the window it's snowing here - hope that doesn't put a damper on my sons soiree - that's his polite and civilized way of saying he's inviting friends over to play video games all night.   I'll be playing the hostess with the mostest - making ribs, chicken skewer, garlic bread, and sausage. What man can resist meat on a stick?  They will think I'm a cooking genius!  HAHA!  

I had a little time to play yesterday and have been itching to play with some of the new stamps I got for Christmas.  The Paper Smooches Beboppin was calling to me and my rock n roll heart.  I was so happy that my son actually knew what the cassette image was - I'm never sure of these things any more.  Last week he didn't know what  a mimeograph machine was and I had to explain it to him.  I sounded like an old timer... well back in my day.... 

This week it's anything goes at the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge.  And while this one looks all clean and simple, but don't let it deceive you folks.  I tell you I learned LOADS about masking and pigment inks with this one.  Please don't ask me how many times I stamped it either - it's embarrasing.
Well I hope it makes you smile - have a fun and safe night - well take a few chances - but not on the road ok?  Big hugs and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!


Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps;  Paper Smooches Be Boppin
Card Stock:  PTI White, Pure Poppy, True Black
Ink:  Memento Luxe Danube Blue, Pear Tart, Love Letter, Morocco, Bahama Blue, Sweet Plum, Versafine Onyx Black
Dies:  Spellbinder Standard Circles, A2 Curved Borders One

7 comments:

Meg said...

This is a great card - digging the retro feel.

Indy's Designs said...

Jeanne, Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I love your stamped cassette background. I'm loving this stamp set, so I pinned your card to CASE as soon as I get some real work done!
Hugs,
Debbie

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne...you totally rocked this card! It just makes me smile, so fun and I loved listening to cassettes back in the day. They are back in style so to speak with the younger generation...love it that what was old is now new again! Happy New Year to you and your family!

The Hardy Stamper said...

What a cheerful card! Happy New Year to you and yours Jeanne!

~Tammy~ said...

This is so fun! Love it friend! I hope you have a wonderful and blesse new year! You deserve it!

Jill Norwood said...

Jeanne this is fantastic! And I can imagine how time consuming it was with the masking etc! I always struggle with backgrounds but they also end up being some of my favorite cards! Your efforts sure paid off! I love this card!!!!

Isha Gupta said...

WOW!!! Love your card and really the effort in masking is worth it. Superb!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge.