Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Waltzingmouse August Release Previews! Ocean Bound

Have you been enjoying the sneaky peeks Claire has been providing on the Waltzingmouse Makes blog?  I know - such a tease!  Right?  Well the wait is over my friends.   I'm so happy to share with you some of the goodies Claire's come up with this time!    Today the design team is previewing three of the 9 new sets being released this month - Tying the Knot, Safe Harbor Sentiments, and Ocean Bound!  I'm loving the nautical theme that's so classic summer - absolutely always in style.  Are you seeing navy yet?  I'm thinking it's going to be one of my standard "go to's" for some guy cards too!

My first card features a sentiment from "Safe Harbor Sentiments" a 4 x 6" set.  The set features wonderful quotes with a mix of fonts and graphics.  I thought I'd make this one for the ladies embellished with a "white sail" bow, paper cut sea shells, and  a sprinkle of "sea glass" gems and button.
 "Tying the Knot" is a 4 x 6" set that features rope borders, a corner and a few knots.  While the knots tie in beautifully with the nautical theme - clearly knots are not just for the guys!
My last card was made using stamps from the "Ocean Bound" 6x8" set that is just packed full of classic nautical themed images including this rope frame, boat medallion and so much more including several witty sentiments and accents. 
Itching to see more?  Here's all the ladies showing projects featuring previews today:  


Jeanne Jachna  That's me!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!  See you tomorrow for more previews!



Supplies Used:
What Ships Are Built For Finished Size 4.5 x 6.25"
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Safe Harbor Sentiments
Pattern Paper: Me & My Big Ideas "Ocean" 12 x 12 Collection

Card Stock:  PTI Kraft, Antique Linen, Vintage Cream, SU! Coastal Cabana
Border Punch:  EK Success Zig Zag Stitch, Abstract Flower Punch EK Success
Trims:  1/2" Woven Burlap Ivory, 1 1/2" SIlk Crush  Ribbon May Arts
Dies:  Quickutz 2 x 6" Seashells
Gems, Glitter
Ink:  SU! Night of Navy
Knot Alone  4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Tying The Knot
Card Stock:  PTI Orange Zest, White
Gems

Ink:  Memento Lady Bug, Tangelo, Rose Bud, Cantaloupe, Dandelion, Versafine Onyx Black
Thanks Matey!  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Ocean Bound
Pattern Paper:  Websters Pages "Yacht Club" 6x6"
Card Stock:  SU! Night of Navy, PTI Vintage Cream, Graffix Gold Foil
1/4" Corner Chomper Cropadile - We R Memory Keepers
Trims:  Natural Button Twine May Arts
Dies:  Spellbinder Standard Circles, Inverted Scalloped Circles, Nested Pennants
Ink:  SU! Night of Navy

17 comments:

Pauline said...

Fab projects Jeanne, love this nautical theme!

Kate said...

Great samples. Can't wait till the 10th !

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful designs Jeanne! love the pop of the bright seahorse!

Kary said...

Wow, Jeanne, you've done it again!! These cards look Awesome!! Love the colours you used, beautiful details and gorgeous stamping. Great job!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

These are FABULOUS Jeanne. I love seeing all your creative ways and colors used for these sets. Fantastic designs! You always inspire me!

JJ Bolton said...

I'm soooooo excited! The new stamps are gorgeous and I love all the different ways you've used them:) I have to admit that the last card with the tall ship is my favorite! Just gorgeous!

I've been such a bad friend! I miss you:) Hugs!!

Cathy Weber said...

I am so glad you showed a feminine example Jeanne...I always think masculine when I think of nautical and you showed a great idea for an elegant female card. I also love your whimsical take on the knots...great in bright colors. Last up was that great nautical card perfect for any man...love the gold behind the main image and the patterned paper on the side. You really are a genius. Oh, almost forgot that great orange seahorse! Loved it!

Renee said...

As always you just WOW me!! :)
You have made perfect "girly" nauticals...
I just screamed when I saw them...
they're gorgeous!!
And that guy card...
you hit it outta the park, Sweet Friend!! :)

Sharron said...

Love the nautical theme and you have really rocked these sets! All are so wonderful but I'm especially fascinated with the colors and elements on the first one! The papers, seashells, gems and seahorse are all so perfect--even the border peeking out reminds me of a sponge!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne your combined colours and textures and stamps perfectly! Three for three!

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne, all of your cards are simply stunning and I can't wait to see more of this new set too. So much amazing detail and layering, just perfect!

~Tammy~ said...

Your projects are awesome!!! I love the bright nautical knots! Such wonderful inspiration!

Jinny Newlin said...

Gosh, I cannot tell you how much I adore these sentiments, Jeanne! And your cards are just as AMAZING! What a lineup!

Anonymous said...

Love the knot sentiments; of course I am a sucker for anything nautical so I am over the moon to see the full reveal on these sets!

Kelly S. said...

I am so in love with that first card that I may want to marry it! I just love the set in those citrusy colors with the big seahorse! I got a little stuck on my red, white, and blue and now can't wait to try one like this! Your knots card is a lovely design and so pretty in those bright colors, too. And then to round out with the regal ship card with that gorgeous yellow paper in the background, ack! So amazing!

Deborah Frings said...

As always, your cards are just so inspirational. I love the Tying Knot card with the shades or red, orange and yellow. The nautical theme is just fab!

Marybeth said...

Love the ship and the sentiment stamps …. Beautiful cards here as always Jeanne.