Friday, August 30, 2013

12 Kits of Occasions - August Edition







Hi Friends!  Glad you could stop by for a visit.  Today I'm posting my 12 Kits of Occasions   Just to refresh your memory - this is a group of 12 designers. We've each been assigned a month to create a kit for the rest  of the group.  We all receive the same kit and on the last day of the month we post the great things we made.  It is fun and interesting to see how we all interpret the kit in different ways.  My favorite part is looking at how someone might have used a particular "ingredient" that I just couldn't figure out!

This month is a little bittersweet for me.  It is my last month with the group.  I have exciting news that I will share in a few weeks about a new design team I am joining, but with the added commitments  I've decided it's better for me to cut back on some of my obligations.  I value the friendship of these ladies beyond what my words can express and I hope someday soon to be working with them again.  In the meantime I hope that they don't mind if I stalk them from time to time. The good news is that original member Cathy Weber (who initiated me into this wonderful group)  will be rejoining the team next month.  The 12 Kits has had lots going on including a new blog site that I hope you will check out and follow.


The kit this month was put together by Amy from Stamp N Paradise. If you know Amy she is a very CAS gal.  I think the kit she put together really reflects her style - take a look.  Do you see anything missing?  I just had to tease her and ask if she was trying to kill me - did you guess yet?  Yep!  No ribbon.  Had to do like my friend Vickie always recommends in such cases - sit on my hands!  In all honesty no one would have given me any trouble if I added my own ribbon - I just wanted to stay true to  Amy's vision of the kit - by not "junking it up" and I hope I did that !

I made lots of things - I guess I'm going out with a bang so here goes!
Swirly Stars
Joy
In the Heart
Joy - Mini 3x3" Card
Glad Tidings - Mini 3x3" Card

Check out designs from the rest of the team - just click on their names below!



Oh and leave a comment on all the blogs you visit - one lucky winner will be receiving a Verve set of their choice valued at $15!!

Hugs and have a great Labor Day weekend!






Supplies from Amy
Stamps: Poinsettia Christmas, Glad Tidings, Christmas in the Air, Tag Time (Verve)
Paper: Rustic White (PTI), Electric Red (MFT), Old Olive (SU)
Pattern Paper: Joyeux Noel (Glitz)
Ink: Pure Poppy (PTI), Grass (Amuse), French Roast (Amuse), Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Dies: Pennant Trim Die (Verve), Double Ended Banner (PTI), Sweet Scallop Tag Die (Verve)
Tiny Sweet Scallop Tags (Verve), Curvy Bookplate Die (Verve), Tagged Rectangle Die (Verve)
Snowflake Tidings (Verve), Banner Bundle Die Set (Verve)
Twine: Cherry/Olive Christmas Twist (Timeless Twine by Bella Creationz)
Misc: Gems (Paper Studio), Burlap (Paper Studio), Metal Snowflakes (Momenta)
Mini cards/envies (studio g) 
Things I added:
Dies: Spellbinder Floral Flourishes, Standard Circles, Classic Long Rectangles, Cheery Lynn Heartland America
Border Punch: EK Success Double Embossed Dotted Lace, Zig Zag Stitch
Gems: Recollections
1/4" Corner Rounder Crop A Dile
Buttons, Copic Markers

18 comments:

Pauline said...

These are fabulous Jeanne! Gorgeous designs, and a lovely selection of Christmas cards!

The Paper Parade said...

Okay Jeanne, my favorite is the first mini card!! I love the big bling in the center of the poinsettia and the twine behind it on the mat, it is bold and just looks lovely. I also love how you used tons of twine on the top of the tag on the second card and all the bling with the snowflakes on the first!

Lisa Minckler said...

I'm like a broken record here when I say this, but you always amaze me with your creative versatility. These cards are so incredibly fantastic and have brought a holiday smile to my face. This kit is sensational and I'm totally inspired and excited about your 'secret hush hush' news. You honestly get to do the coolest things chica!!! I'm so happy for YOU!
Big hugs and happy weekend and pet the pup for me :)
Lisa x

Renee said...

It's bittersweet for me too. :(
I know you're going to be doing amazing things and sorry...
but I know where to find you so you can't really lose us...
but will miss you're incredible "girly-girl" take on the kits...
you always see them in such amazing and creative ways!
Like the snowflakes above...
those gems make them look as though they're flying through the air! :)
As always...
your take on the kit is amazingly gorgeous, Sweet Friend!

Marybeth said...

You outdid yourself with these cards! What a group of elegant beauty! I love the pretty brown card. That second one with the fun way you did the twine and tag with all those pretty dies…just gorgeous Jeanne!
Each one has so much thought and love put into it! You know we will miss you and your wonderful fancy cards!
So glad we are on Serendipity together.

Darnell said...

You definitely went out with a bang, Jeanne, and we would expect nothing less with your incredible talent! What you lacked in ribbon, you made up for with flourishes!! Brilliant work! You will be missed on the 12Kits team, but I know I'll be seeing you all over Blogtown!!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...wow...wow! You were very busy, each one of your cards is simply stunning. I am in love with all your bling too, it just adds so much festiveness to your cards. Love them all!

Cathy Weber said...

This group is going to miss your special style of cards Jeanne. No one pairs up patterned papers, ribbons and bows like you do! I will really miss seeing them, but know you aren't far away...always check out what you do first thing every morning. Love your mini cards this time...so cute with the cute colored wreath and the poinsettia with those silver brads. Your staging of your pics was just beautiful too...so wishing it was Christmas weather today! We'll miss you!

Kara said...

Absolutely love both of your minis! Love the swirls of gems...looks like those snowflakes are floating!!

Unknown said...

great ideas for xmas! thanks :)

Sharron said...

Oh, you are going to be so missed, dear friend! No one can make designs look as festive as you! Love your snowflakes with all the swirly bling--gorgeous against the dark background! Love all the elements on the others too. You even found a perfect place for those fun metal snowflakes. And your mini cards are just-- "wow"--love these so much!! Looking forward to hearing about your new design team. I'll still be visiting often......hugs!

Helen Gullett said...

Oh I love those mini cards! Super cute they are!!!! This kit is fabulous!

Maria said...

Such a lovely collection of Christmas cards! Love all the gems, colors, and fab use of twine...well done!

Janis said...

I love this great color of red and all the swirly sparkly bling!
<3 J

Tracey McNeely said...

Wow Jeanne all of your cards and your two tags are just fabulous! I especially love all of the bling! So much inspiration.

Kelly S. said...

You made up for the missing ribbon with the fantastical tying of your twine! I seriously need to order more, love that stuff! Love the elegant snowflakes and flourish gems, a rustic little blizzard. Your wreath card makes me smile with a dash of pink. I will miss you TERRRIBLY every month but can't wait for you to visit and to see your new DT creations!! HugsXO

Jill Norwood said...

Jeanne your cards are all so special! I am sad to hear that you are leaving the kits club as I love seeing your cards each time but the fun think about this crafty world is that their are so many fun things to be a part of! I cannot wait to see what the future brings! Big Hugs, Jill

Amy Kolling said...

Hi Jeanne! I'm so happy for your new venture and you'll be fabulous at it! I'm so sorry it's taken me over a month to comment but I didn't forget! LOL Anyway, I LOVE what you accomplished with my CAS kit with NO ribbon! :) No idea how you did it but the Joy tag card is just amazing. I love the pairing of patterns with the tag, twine, poinsettia. I thought the mini cards were a fun addition to my kit.....seriously I love the Joy mini as it uses the bling I sent but to make the poinsettia the focal point is gorgeous! Fabulous job and we'll see you back in the group I'm sure!!! Hugs Jeanne!!!